BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Turning In a Leased BMW

09-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #1
T-MC-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Turning In a Leased BMW

Who here has leased a BMW before (most likely a prior model) and turned it in? How were they when you returned it? Did they nit-pick every little thing or just kind of walk around it to make sure it wasn't all banged up? Also has anyone had experience with getting exessive mileage charges reduced if you buy another car from the dealership on the spot? Thanks for all productive feedback!

"tell me what you don't like about yourself..."
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

If you return it with normal wear & tear, meaning no crazy scratches, dents, chips, or cracks you should be fine. If you're going to lease another car from them they might overlook a few blemishes and they will definitely overlook the excessive mileage as long as there isnt a huge difference (e.g. 10-15k over the lease terms).
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 10:03 PM   #3
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
The lease contract is not with the dealer, it is with the leasing company. I was in the car business for almost 10 years, and I never saw a dealer "overlook" excess mileage. There are ways around it, but the dealer doesn't have a lot of leeway (unless they are buying the car off lease).
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 10:28 PM   #4
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
The lease contract is not with the dealer, it is with the leasing company. I was in the car business for almost 10 years, and I never saw a dealer "overlook" excess mileage. There are ways around it, but the dealer doesn't have a lot of leeway (unless they are buying the car off lease).
Obviously you havent been around long enough to know everything. There are a bunch of people on this board that have turned in leased cars with excessive miles and didnt get charged a single penny because they leased/purchased another BMW.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #5
T-MC-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Isn't BMWNA the leasing company??? Also they may just not discount the new car as much and then use that excess profit to pay the miles. What about small dents and scratches?

"tell me what you don't like about yourself..."
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 12:39 PM   #6
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

what about tires ? if lets say 10% of thread left, will they get you to buy new once ?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #7
phantom330
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
Obviously you havent been around long enough to know everything. There are a bunch of people on this board that have turned in leased cars with excessive miles and didnt get charged a single penny because they leased/purchased another BMW.
Obviously there is a lot of misinformation in here. BMW FS isn't going to take away your excess mileage charges, it's in your contract. The only way you have some negotiation room is to have the dealer purchase your car and have them "overlook" the excess mileage, however it's rare to be quite honest. Long story short, if you go over your mileage, you will, and should, pay for it.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #8
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post

True, but its not because the dealership "overlooked" it. Its because there was enough profit in the deal to pay for the miles. Nothing is free in this world and never will be.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 09:39 AM   #9
chrisM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Red E92 M3

My lease for my E90 is up in a year and im planning on leasing a 335i coupe how much ru paying a month with how much down?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 09:54 AM   #10
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCouture View Post
True, but its not because the dealership "overlooked" it. Its because there was enough profit in the deal to pay for the miles. Nothing is free in this world and never will be.
+1
Appreciate 0