E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Wheel advice

09-16-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Wheel advice

Drove my parents to Manchester airport yesterday and had to leave the car park through the most ill-conceived, badly designed exit I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. It was at the most ridiculous angle with a bloody great kerb. You had to position the car so precisely it was laughable. Although I tried to avoid the kerb, there was not much chance without reversing and that wasn't an option with traffic stacked up behind. Upshot is that nearside front and rear wheels are now 'fooked' and I'm bloody annoyed. :mad:

Need to get them repaired and wondered if anyone had any recommendations in the Yorkshire region, or if anyone has used these guys.

http://www.fenwicksupplies.com/index.htm

Cheers

Gav

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Hi Gav

I kerbed mine too in almost identical circumstances, coming out of a car park with tiny kerbs (about 3-4cm high) but not wide enough for my car! as one side grazed and the other side rubbed against the tyres - this happened due to the tiny tyre profiles on the 225m's! and the appaling distance between these kerbs

Why dont you try your dealer? I did and they used a mobile guy - hes so good they are going to employ him

i paid 70 quid for the front wheel, and its a great job, but i did have to drive to the dealer and it may be more pricey that others!

sods law it will happen again but its something I HAD to fix!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 g05

Garage List
I'm with you on this one, I've kerbed alloys in the past.

Tonight I managed to scratch several of my wheels using a Meguiars "Safe" wheel brush where the tip had come off to reveal a mettalic bit. Absolutely gutted. I'm hoping mine will polish out but not sure....

Hope you get them sorted - about 70-100 per wheel is about right range I'd say. Mine were 3 piece and had to be stripped and redone which is why it was nearer 100 per wheel.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 02:57 AM   #4
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the replies guys. I certainly can't live with them the way they are. Damned expensive trip to the airport really. I should have let my parents get the taxi they were talking about! When we arrived my dad managed to get the terminal number wrong, so I had to pay £1.80 to exit the T1 carpark, having queued to get in there for 10 minutes and drive across to the right terminal. Then there was the astronomically priced coffee I bought them, followed by a £5.50 parking charge, only to end up knackering the wheels! Have to laugh I suppose.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 03:20 AM   #5
hmi1750
Major
Rep
Drives: M135i

that's the spirit.. laugh it off! I have done similar, recently damanged 3 of my wheels, and got a £60 fine for being in a box, which I knew I would get as soon as I got stuck in it, the idiot in front moved and then stopped,the lights on the crossing in front of his car changed and I got stuck in the box! Similar thing happened yesterday, so prob get another fine!

Anyhow, at least no major bodywork damage! Gatwick car park is crap for high kerbs, badly designed angles and I too have gone to the wrong terminal, as the passenger had no clue, and their was no decent signage.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 08:36 AM   #6
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Garage List
A guy from Fenwicks just finished my wheels. Amazing job! Came to my work, took about an hour and a half. Professional and courteous. £152.75. Don't like parting with the cash ... but would recommend for anyone needing a wheel repair in the north.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0