F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Question about NBT and iPhone integration
Extreme Powerhouse

05-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Question about NBT and iPhone integration

Background:

I have recently purchase an F30 (2013 335 MFG Jan 2013) which has enhanced bluetooth and nav, with bmw assist (but no apps), And a 2013 F10 (AH5) with NBT, which has enhanded BT and nav, with bmw assist (again with no apps).

I am noticing different (and strange) behaviour with my iPhone in both cars, in regards to listening to pandora.

Since I dont have BMW Apps, I do not get the fancy interface when I connect via white apple cable in the armrest when listening to pandora... this is normal and expected. The strangeness is this.

In my 335 which has the "older" nav, I can stream pandora via BT audio, but get no album art (again expected). I can ALSO connect the iPhone via the white apple cable to the usb port in the armest, start up pandora using the phone itself, and listen to pandora through the cars speakers.

I can use the idrive to skip forward, AND I get album art this way. Only downside is not having the pretty bmw apps idrive interface, and having to pick up the iPhone to change "stations" in pandora.

In the ActiveHyrid 5 with the NBT, every time I connect the iPhone via the white cable, I can not get pandora to play through the car. It starts for 1 second, then the playlist on the phone (music that is actually ON the phone and not streaming through pandora) resumes playing.

I push play button in pandora again, it starts for .5 to 1 second, and then stops and music on the phone plays.

Is this expected behavior for the NBT or do I have a problem I should take care to dealer for?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
Elcuban
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: GOLF GTI MK5

Hi, I am having the same experience. Have you had any success in fixing this issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
shag
pullin a boat
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Same issue here while test driving a 2014 F31. Drove me nuts. Hopefully it can be fixed by coding, or even better, by BMW... anyone else experience this?

2021 X3 M40i, Phytonic/Cognac
Past:
2017 330i xDrive Touring M Sport, EBII, Dinan
2014 328d xDrive Touring M Sport, BSM/CR.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

No success fixing this. Since it appears that both of you are not in the US, you probably have the NBT nav in your F30s, so it does not surprise me this is your outcome.

I have not read of any way to fix this. I have performed the regular bmw bluetooth update that is available on BMWs website, and have also checked all of the coding forums (I have a coding cable and software and am able to code my car).

If anyone has any ideas / fixes I am all ears.
Appreciate 0