Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > PLEASE help: Your thoughts about this setup and brand

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

PLEASE help: Your thoughts about this setup and brand

I think I'm ready to upgrade the wheels on my E90 LCI 2010 sedan.

I currently have a set of OEM styling 285 V-Speiche 17x8 ET 34 with 225/45.

I found a set of STR 609 staggered but need your expert advice please as I'm not sure if those will fit:

Front: 18x8.5 ET +30
Rear: 18x9.5 ET +35

What you guys think? Will those fit? If you also have comments about STR brand I will appreciate it too!

Many thanks for your guidance

Last edited by AlexGT; 05-27-2013 at 08:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

No one can help?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f82

yes they will fit, and theres not a whole lot of feedback around on these wheels other then the honda/vw community, assumingly that no news is good news then they probably arent too problematic. However i wouldnt put all my chips on that because they are reps.

personally id go with a more reputable replica brand, one that at least has been around and has more feedback.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
yes they will fit, and theres not a whole lot of feedback around on these wheels other then the honda/vw community, assumingly that no news is good news then they probably arent too problematic. However i wouldnt put all my chips on that because they are reps.

personally id go with a more reputable replica brand, one that at least has been around and has more feedback.
Thank you!! Could you suggest another reputable replica brand that I could consider? Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
Thank you!! Could you suggest another reputable replica brand that I could consider? Thanks again!
whats your price range and what type of wheel are you looking for? you may not even have to go replica to get a nice set of wheels
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
whats your price range and what type of wheel are you looking for? you may not even have to go replica to get a nice set of wheels
Well to be honest, I spent like a thousand bucks on the set of TSW Nurburgring I put in my E87 130i recently, so you can imagine I'm not looking to spend another 1,000 on a set for my E90 (you know, the crisis and stuff hehehe)

I also where looking on some options on tirerack.com but not fully convinced. The Enkei Raijins look good but too OEM and I thought about the Enkei's M52 but they only carry them on hyper black and black (I was looking for gun metal or matte gun metal)

So basically LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
Well to be honest, I spent like a thousand bucks on the set of TSW Nurburgring I put in my E87 130i recently, so you can imagine I'm not looking to spend another 1,000 on a set for my E90 (you know, the crisis and stuff hehehe)

I also where looking on some options on tirerack.com but not fully convinced. The Enkei Raijins look good but too OEM and I thought about the Enkei's M52 but they only carry them on hyper black and black (I was looking for gun metal or matte gun metal)

So basically LOL
vmr has some affordable wheels, miros, varrstoens and breyton are not too far off either.

but hey like i said with these wheels it can be hit or miss, if you do get them review them after having them on for a while so the next person has something to go on! whatever you do i wish you the best of luck
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
vmr has some affordable wheels, miros, varrstoens and breyton are not too far off either.

but hey like i said with these wheels it can be hit or miss, if you do get them review them after having them on for a while so the next person has something to go on! whatever you do i wish you the best of luck
Thanks very much man! Truly appreciate the time you took on giving me advice on this. Cheers!
Appreciate 0