E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Mondeo gets its first battle scars !!!

09-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Mondeo gets its first battle scars !!!

Had to meet my line manager today at a motorway services.

An hour later we walk out across the car park to see this. Some clown had parked across ffrom me and not bothered putting the handbrake on, which resulted in an ill fitting back bumper, some paint marks on the bumper and light and a tiny crack in the light. (It looks far worse in person than it really was)

The upside being the guy was sat next to my car with all his details written on a piece of paper with a signed account of what happened (this must be the most honest guy in the world).

The paint marks have polished off leaving no trace and I rekon the bumper will "pop" back onto its clips, so tomorrow I`m going to ring the guy and say "forget the insurance, send me a cheque to cover a new light (and if I make a drink out of it for the hassle, we`re all happy).

I can`t beleive how calm I was when I saw it. I actually felt quite smug that I don`t have an expensive daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
hmi1750
Major
Rep
Drives: M135i

Sadly it is getting all to common now... Lucky for the witness!

I managed to clip a high kerb with the side of my bumper yesterday! Really annoyed, but getting it sorted this week, so at least won't look bad for long. I miss my Mazda6 MPS as at least it was pretty much mint and no one looked twice at it, so I didn't have idiots evil eyeing it! lol
Appreciate 0