F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iDrive: Albums & Track info cuts off - is it possible to make it scroll?
GetBMWParts

05-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
Jome
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30

iDrive: Albums & Track info cuts off - is it possible to make it scroll?

Quick question for you F30 experts.

Is there a way to make Album info and Track info scroll in the iDrive menus?
Wether playing my Ipod Classic through Y-cable or playing through the USB-stick, it never display the full title/album, unless it's really short.

Example:
I have a track called:
"LL Cool J-Bartender Please (Feat. Snoop Dogg, Bootsy Collins & Travis Barker) (Produced by Jean Claude Poke Oliver & Samuel J Tones Barnes)"

But on my iDrive, it will only show:
"LL Cool J-Bartender Ple" (Can't remember exactly where it cuts off, but full titles are never shown, I never know who features on the track this way..)

I have my albums tagged like this:
Bone_Thugs-N-Harmony-01-Thug_Stories-2006
Bone_Thugs-N-Harmony-02-Strength_And_Loyalty-(Retail)-2007
etc.

But it only shows the artist name, and then there's not room for more, I have to guess which album to choose..

I think I have the newest software, my F30 was delivered 2 weeks ago..
I have 6NH Bluetooth Business, but no NAV.

Anybody have scrolling options?
Future software update maybe?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

why do you need such a ridiculously long title to appear? I cut long ass titles like that in iTunes....theyre annoying

just edit them in itunes so it says LL Cool J - Bartender Please
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
why do you need such a ridiculously long title to appear? I cut long ass titles like that in iTunes....theyre annoying

You're ignorant about good music...how else is he going to be able to tell the difference between:

"LL Cool J-Bartender Please (Feat. Snoop Dogg, Bootsy Collins & Travis Barker) (Produced by Jean Claude Poke Oliver & Samuel J Tones Barnes)"
and
"LL Cool J-Bartender Please (Feat. Snoop Dogg, Bootsy Collins & Travis Barker) (Produced by Jean Claude Poke Oliver & Samuel J Tones Barnes) (Remix)"

I feel his pain though. Sometimes I rename my Mumford and Sons track names into Haikus and it's hard to tell which is which since it only displays the first line.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Jome
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post

Well, for one I like to see who is featured on a track (which is often a lot of artists if you listen to hip hop), and also, for a lot of tracks, I like to know who produced it..

And your suggestion doesn't really make it better, adding a space on each side of the "-", only makes even less info appear, the rest of the info doesn't show either way.

MediaMonkey is superior for organizing a music collection, I've organized it exactly how I want it, works flawless for PC & Ipod, but comes up crippled on the iDrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarecrowBoat View Post
You're ignorant about good music...how else is he going to be able to tell the difference between:

and
"LL Cool J-Bartender Please (Feat. Snoop Dogg, Bootsy Collins & Travis Barker) (Produced by Jean Claude Poke Oliver & Samuel J Tones Barnes) (Remix)"

I feel his pain though. Sometimes I rename my Mumford and Sons track names into Haikus and it's hard to tell which is which since it only displays the first line.
Haha.

Yeah, some times the artist name alone is enough to fill up the iDrive screen, which uses unnecessary big letters, and doesn't scroll.
Renaming 12.000+ tracks should be unnecessary, iDrive should be able to display any title.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jome View Post
Well, for one I like to see who is featured on a track (which is often a lot of artists if you listen to hip hop), and also, for a lot of tracks, I like to know who produced it..

And your suggestion doesn't really make it better, adding a space on each side of the "-", only makes even less info appear, the rest of the info doesn't show either way.

MediaMonkey is superior for organizing a music collection, I've organized it exactly how I want it, works flawless for PC & Ipod, but comes up crippled on the iDrive.

Haha.

Yeah, some times the artist name alone is enough to fill up the iDrive screen, which uses unnecessary big letters, and doesn't scroll.
Renaming 12.000+ tracks should be unnecessary, iDrive should be able to display any title.
For Cripes sake you should be concentrating on driving not who the hell produced a track that is playing. Do that at home in your media room.
      06-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Jome
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
For Cripes sake you should be concentrating on driving not who the hell produced a track that is playing. Do that at home in your media room.
I'm on the road 6-10 hours a day, and in my media room 0-2 hours a day, so displaying the full title of a song, who's featured, and who produced the track is of good use to me..

But I take the lack of pragmatic replies as a sign that this is indeed a shortcoming with the iDrive, or at the very least, a shortcoming with 6NH, hopefully something to be fulfilled in an upcoming software update..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jome View Post
I'm on the road 6-10 hours a day, and in my media room 0-2 hours a day, so displaying the full title of a song, who's featured, and who produced the track is of good use to me..

But I take the lack of pragmatic replies as a sign that this is indeed a shortcoming with the iDrive, or at the very least, a shortcoming with 6NH, hopefully something to be fulfilled in an upcoming software update..
Well, AFAIK it is somewhat of a shortcoming. But I thought it scrolled at least once on the screen.