2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums USA - New England BMWCCA-Boston, 2013 Concours d'Elegance Event - August 11, 2013

06-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
MJM
BMW CCA Boston Chapter - Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, ZCP

Thumbs up BMWCCA-Boston, 2013 Concours d'Elegance Event - August 11, 2013

I am the co-chair of this event and I would like to invite all BMWCCA
Members to attend the 2013 Concours d'Elegance Event sponsored by Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury. This year the event will be held on Sunday August 11, 2013 at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum (http://larzanderson.org/). That means you have all day on Saturday to get your BMW ready!!! (Please note the Larz Anderson Museum lists this event as BMW Day.)

Last year despite the early morning rain which ended there by 9am we had 69 BMWs and one Mini participate. This is a judged event so entry of your car will need to be chosen by you as to which entry class you wish to participate in. The entry classes are noted on the BMW CCA Boston Chapter web page as is the scoring sheet we will use to evaluate your car. If you have any questions about choosing which class to enter your car, please let me know and I will assist you. Also, note that we will have a "Display" Class which will be judged by the attendees and will not include any formal judging.

First timers, don't be afraid to enter a judged class, I will help you understand what to do.

Here are the event details:

BMW CCA Boston Chapter Concours d' Elegance -sponsored by Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury
Sunday, Aug 11, 2013
9:00am - 2:00pm

Event Registration
Registration opens
Saturday, Jun 15

15 Newton St.
Brookline, MA 02445

More information is available here: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=670

Please pre-register for our event to help us get the cars parked faster and let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you
all at the event.

MJM

By the way, I will need some volunteers for the day to assist with parking the cars and running scoring sheets to the registration area. Please PM me if you are interested.

Last edited by MJM; 06-15-2013 at 06:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
MJM
United_States
Rep

I know many of you are awaiting a weather forecast to make your decision to attend. The AccuWeather.com long-range weekend weather forecast is now available and looks great. Saturday will be perfect for getting your BMW ready and Sunday looks like a great day for our event (confortable summer temperatures).

Please help us by pre-registering here: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=670and let me know if you have any questions.

I hope to see you all there.
Attached Images

Last edited by MJM; 08-03-2013 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
MJM
United_States
Rep

Our Title Sponsor, Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury (http://www.wagnerbmwofshrewsbury.com/index.htm) is bringing a tricked out M Sport 535i with all kinds of Carbon Fiber & Exhaust kit and a 2014 BMW 328XD (D=Diesel). They will be allowing test drives on the BMW 328XD.

Weather is going to be great and we expect more than 70 BMWs at the event. I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!!

MJM

Last edited by MJM; 08-10-2013 at 08:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
MJM
United_States
Rep

Here are the totals for the day by entry class (all groups):

103 cars total in the event

41 in "Display" Class (Not judged)

62 cars judged in the following classes:

40 in "Clean" Class (Judged: Interior and Exterior)
22 in "Super Clean" Class (Judged: Interior, Exterior, Trunk and Engine Compartment)

Last year we had 69 cars so as you can see we had a much larger turnout this year.

Thanks to everyone that attended and a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped us by pre-registering!!