THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum M2 and European Delivery

06-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
bim2er
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Mineral Grey M2

M2 and European Delivery

My only way to afford an M2 is to avoid "Market Adjustment" by my dealer. The plan, therefore, is European delivery with stops at the Ring and hopefully Le Mans 2016. When I spoke to a sales person about European Delivery, he provided information, when I then mentioned M2, he indicated that he had heard M2's may not be available through the European Delivery Program. I expect this is a sales tactic, but does anyone else have information as to why this may be true? I know forum members picked up 1Ms at the BMW Welt.

Do European deliveries come out of dealer allocations, so they would not make as much on their total allocation?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
michas24
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

Usually there is no Europe delivery if cars are assembled in North America, for example X3, X5, X6. I hope the M2 will be assembled in Germany and they are not planing to move the production to US or Mexico. May be that was the reason they told you no Europe deliver for M2.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

There have been blackouts on ED for launch periods of certain cars before, but they always open up. If you want to be the first person around with an M2, you may not be able to do ED, but if you're just shooting for LeMans 2016, you should be safe.

Dealers tend to be coy about ED though, as you've learned.
Appreciate 0