E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Just finished my first Time Trials (Redline Time Attack)

10-01-2007, 02:08 AM   #1
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Just finished my first Time Trials (Redline Time Attack)

The track was Summit Point, located in West Virginia. We used the Shenandoah Circuit for the Time Attack, which is a very tight and technical course. One of the specialty corners is a more aggressive replica of the karussell on the Nurburgring!

I placed 6th in Street RWD. Placing higher was possible, but let's just say I slowed down for the second run.

There was a staggering 3 second difference between 1st and 2nd place and 3rd place!

Here are videos of the Time Attack runs:
1st TA:

2nd TA:

Overall, I was very happy with my progress. I was running 1:51 with my stock suspension, but with the new suspension, I was running 6 seconds faster! There's still much room for improvement.

For you local folks, I'll be there again next weekend for the TrackDaze HPDE.

Last edited by shimshimhada; 10-01-2007 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
Ray
Rep
Drives: three series

Nice Shim! You make that course look easy.

The carousel apeared a little harsh during entry and exit. I wonder if the characteristics are similar on the Nurb.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #3
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada View Post
The track was Summit Point, located in West Virginia. We used the Shenandoah Circuit for the Time Attack, which is a very tight and technical course. One of the specialty corners is a more aggressive replica of the karussell on the Nurburgring!

I placed 6th in Street RWD. Placing higher was possible, but let's just say I slowed down for the second run.

There was a staggering 3 second difference between 1st and 2nd place and 3rd place!

Here are videos of the Time Attack runs:
1st TA:

2nd TA:

Overall, I was very happy with my progress. I was running 1:51 with my stock suspension, but with the new suspension, I was running 6 seconds faster! There's still much room for improvement.

For you local folks, I'll be there again next weekend for the TrackDaze HPDE.
In the first time attack..you got two wheels off on the outside of that berm...be careful there man...Heard of lot of tire squeal in certain places...pushed considerably huh? I would lower your camera angle down a notch..too much of viewing the rear view mirror.. But otherwise..nice work man.

Oh..and that transition between asphalt to concrete is one nasty biotch.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #4
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Nice Shim! You make that course look easy.

The carousel apeared a little harsh during entry and exit. I wonder if the characteristics are similar on the Nurb.
That version of the Karussell is more banked than the real thing, so it's going to be slightly more violent. I asked my friend who's been on both, and he confirmed that the Shenandoah variant is crazier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4to335 View Post
In the first time attack..you got two wheels off on the outside of that berm...be careful there man...Heard of lot of tire squeal in certain places...pushed considerably huh? I would lower your camera angle down a notch..too much of viewing the rear view mirror.. But otherwise..nice work man.

Oh..and that transition between asphalt to concrete is one nasty biotch.
Yeah, that off was due to me turning in a bit early but committing anyway.

The car pushed a little bit, but that was my fault using too much lock.

The cam was mounted from the sunroof glass, and I'm getting an extension to fix that high mount problem.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 07:40 AM   #5
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Nice work.
Appreciate 0