E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Diagnosis for misfires & lambda catalytic converter

08-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Greatdane84
Leeeroy Jankins
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 LCI

Garage List
2009 335i  [10.00]
Diagnosis for misfires & lambda catalytic converter

My buddy has a e92 lci 335i.

Been running good for the 2months he's had it. Purchased a Cobb and FMIC. Was running stg 1 with no issues. Put FMIC in and didn't have issues till stg 1 aggressive.

Then he threw vanos codes and misfire on 1 cylinder. Took to shop yesterday after getting violent shaking to have spark plugs replaced. The Indy shop now tells him he has a Lambda Catalytic Converter code and 3 misfiring cylinder codes after change of plugs.

Anyone dealt with anything similar? Mechanic is having him flash to stock and take to BMW to have hpfp and injectors looked at.

I suggested replacing solenoids and plugs on his own first followed with some techron...

"If you're not 1st, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
Appreciate 0