E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Quick Tyre Size Advice

08-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
clan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

Quick Tyre Size Advice

Just looking for a quick bit of tyre advice, my completely standard E92 is running 313 alloys and I've been offered a pair of rear NRF winter tyres but the profile is slightly different, does any one have experience of this.
Std 255/30 19
Size I've been offered 255/35 19
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by clan View Post
Just looking for a quick bit of tyre advice, my completely standard E92 is running 313 alloys and I've been offered a pair of rear NRF winter tyres but the profile is slightly different, does any one have experience of this.
Std 255/30 19
Size I've been offered 255/35 19
They are the wrong profile as you know, what are you intending to do for the front? Like going up a profile size and run 'big' wheels all corners, with a similar RC front to rear, to keep the DSC working correctly in winter conditions?

Personally I wouldn't up the profile, for the drive and handling, plus your insurance company may have issue with non OEM sizing.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
clan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
They are the wrong profile as you know, what are you intending to do for the front? Like going up a profile size and run 'big' wheels all corners, with a similar RC front to rear, to keep the DSC working correctly in winter conditions?

Personally I wouldn't up the profile, for the drive and handling, plus your insurance company may have issue with non OEM sizing.

HighlandPete
Thanks for your help, I wasn't sure what to do with the fronts in terms of size but I will be putting winters on them as we'll. I did wonder about the insurance implications.
Appreciate 0