E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > OT: Check out this vid of coppers being right knobs

10-03-2007, 06:21 AM   #1
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
OT: Check out this vid of coppers being right knobs

http://www.jonesreport.com/articles/...e_offence.html

making up laws as they go along

quite worrying were be policed by people whop dont even know there own laws

Casarole
      10-03-2007, 06:34 AM   #2
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
I've seen a lot of this Guy's work & in all honesty I can't see what point he is trying to make.

The clip you have posted Carlos is perhaps an exception to the above rule,and the cops in this instance are quite clearly out of their depth.

However other postings made by the same Guy are clearly done to provoke a reaction from the Police.

Don't misunderstand me though as I'm as pissed off as the next person in terms of policing & the intrusion into our lives by all manner of means,but Mr.Pollard seems to delight in getting a reaction from the 'ol bill'.

I think most people would take exception to being filmed,the Police would be no exception.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 06:38 AM   #3
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
I've seen a lot of this Guy's work & in all honesty I can't see what point he is trying to make.

The clip you have posted Carlos is perhaps an exception to the above rule,and the cops in this instance are quite clearly out of their depth.

However other postings made by the same Guy are clearly done to provoke a reaction from the Police.

Don't misunderstand me though as I'm as pissed off as the next person in terms of policing & the intrusion into our lives by all manner of means,but Mr.Pollard seems to delight in getting a reaction from the 'ol bill'.

I think most people would take exception to being filmed,the Police would be no exception.
in all honesty i have not watched any of his other vids!

but some of the comments he makes even in this vid i find quite provoking, especially when the knob dont give up and goes after them still moaning

think the main point of the vid is the coppers not knowing what the laws are and arent and at one point they even provoke the cameraman

Carlosh
      10-03-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
......and heres me thinking I was loggin on to a forum tonight to read about BMW E90's??

All I can see Carlos is lots of posts from you accusing coppers of being knobs and moanin cos people of other forums think your a cock??

Not bein funny mate but you don't help yourself!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 03:50 PM   #5
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
......and heres me thinking I was loggin on to a forum tonight to read about BMW E90's??

All I can see Carlos is lots of posts from you accusing coppers of being knobs and moanin cos people of other forums think your a cock??

Not bein funny mate but you don't help yourself!
whatever mate.....

there is only a select few on this other forum who have a problem, there problem is that ''one of them'' is now driving a 40+k bmw now instead of a 4k rs!!!!

watch the vid, they are being knobs, but then in the end the cameraman turns into a knob too....

look at the post that they are being nasty to me

I DID FUCK ALL WRONG CHAPPY, there just jealous cunts
      10-05-2007, 05:31 AM   #6
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
http://www.jonesreport.com/articles/...e_offence.html

making up laws as they go along

quite worrying were be policed by people whop dont even know there own laws

Casarole
I'm not too suprised that the police were not aware of the law on this.

Law is a pretty complex subject and if policemen understood it completely, they wouldn't be walking around in the firing line, they would be earning big bucks as QC's.

They were without doubt in the wrong on this. They entered onto his property without warning and accused him of an offense. Having said this, I think that they were right to approach him because filming people covertly isn't exactly normal behaviour.

What suprises me most is the police officers lack of manners. They simply walk away, with no apology (when one was clearly due). They also refused to provide their names (I believe that they have to provide their badge number by law) although the male officer was pressing for the filmmakers name repeatedly beforehand.

What this illustrates is simple, the police are important and we need them, but they are not always the smartest or best people in the world. So we need to now our rights and stand up for them when necessary.
Appreciate 0