E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Code Help: P2DED

08-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i xDrive

Code Help: P2DED

Whats up everyone im running openflash stage 1 with dci and ae catback.. Went to go wot on my way to work and get a P2DED code.. Anyone know what this is?

Last edited by BD_F22; 08-08-2013 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
n54door
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 135i 6AT FBO - MHD Tuned

Found this from 09, posted from Shiv.

"2DED:
2DED Power management, standby current control
Error will not cause a warning light
Error is not currently present
Test conditions have been completed
EXPLANATION: The closed circuit current momentarily exceeds its threshold value when the TCU wakes up to perform the "Stolen Vehicle Recovery" function. This should not cause a discharged battery.
FIX: Take to dealer.

My guess is that something is drawing power when it shouldn't and the DME is wondering what is going on. Do you have any aftermarket electronics installed? Stereo amps, lights, etc,. IIRC, we saw similar power consumption codes back, years ago, when we were tapping power from the battery terminal (constant 12v) and not from switched 12v power. Have you installed anything that does that?"

Its not a threatening code, but it should probably be looked at since its a sign something is draining the battery.

Anyone else have experience?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
Found this from 09, posted from Shiv.

"2DED:
2DED Power management, standby current control
Error will not cause a warning light
Error is not currently present
Test conditions have been completed
EXPLANATION: The closed circuit current momentarily exceeds its threshold value when the TCU wakes up to perform the "Stolen Vehicle Recovery" function. This should not cause a discharged battery.
FIX: Take to dealer.

My guess is that something is drawing power when it shouldn't and the DME is wondering what is going on. Do you have any aftermarket electronics installed? Stereo amps, lights, etc,. IIRC, we saw similar power consumption codes back, years ago, when we were tapping power from the battery terminal (constant 12v) and not from switched 12v power. Have you installed anything that does that?"

Its not a threatening code, but it should probably be looked at since its a sign something is draining the battery.

Anyone else have experience?
Could it be because i forgot my tablet plugged in while the car was off?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by #teambimmer View Post
Could it be because i forgot my tablet plugged in while the car was off?
Yep, That's it. Nothing to worry about. The power draw from the tablet is pretty minimal. I just don't recommend leaving it plugged in overnight.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Yep, That's it. Nothing to worry about. The power draw from the tablet is pretty minimal. I just don't recommend leaving it plugged in overnight.
Thanks shiv, normally i would have searched but i was walking into work and didnt have time
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #6
steedsta
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i Alpine/Black 6sp

Holy shit.. Glad I found this thread. Noticed I left the cobb plugged in for a few days. That must be what threw the code. Cool. Glad it's nothin serious. Always getting codes. It's depressing
Appreciate 0