F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > San Antonio Area Car Meet at The Rim
ARMA SPEED

08-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
San Antonio Area Car Meet at The Rim

For our San Antonio-area folks, you may remember that the Coffee and Rides car meets on the last Saturday of every month got canceled after the March event. There is another (and better) car meet at The Rim shopping center directly in front of Lowe's. It's held on the 2nd Saturday of every month from 7AM to 10:30AM and open to all makes/models/years. The S.A. PD is in attendance and monitoring the goings-on, so there's not much chance for the kind of malfeasant reckless driving that killed Coffee and Rides.

Speaking with the president of the Mustang Club this morning, he mentioned that they also have a huge car show at that same location on the last Sunday in October, and they presently don't have a BMW "Class" for judging. All we need is 5 owners to agree to come to the show and we can then have our cars judged in our own class as well as overall "Best of Show" and so forth.

This event is open to anyone who would like to attend. Among the cars present this morning were street rods of various vintages and makes, several Ferraris, and a Tesla sedan. The location is adjacent to 3 restaurants and Lowe's has plenty of restroom capacity - plus, you can get your "honey-do" shopping done as well! How much better could it be?

Let me know if you're interested in attending the car show in October and I'll work with the event organizers to get a BMW car class set up. In the meantime, the next monthly meet will be Saturday morning, September 14. See you there!

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey

Last edited by RoundelM3; 08-10-2013 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
///Maria
Banned
Rep
Drives: 235i, M3, 328i, A4, Ferrari360

Sounds good need to check it out. Also we are having a BBQ & DIY Meet at EuroWerkz on the NE side of SA on December 7th. info is on the homepage and forums section. www.eurowerkzsa.com
Appreciate 0