E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Turbo not working sometimes

09-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
opti2k4
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i, Portimao Blue

Turbo not working sometimes

Hi,

i own 320d 2007. (177HP) and 2 weeks ago when i turned on my car i noticed after 2000 RPM i have no power in the car but RPMs are rising. So i while i was frustrated by this i was revving my car for like 20 min hoping i'll get the power back but then check engine light appeared. Tomorrow i went to my mechanic and he said that from diagnostic reading something is wrong some valve that is not opening on high rpm (3000+) so he has to change 2 parts. But that same day when i turned on the car the problem was gone and it didn't happen again till yesterday. I have to mention that my mechanic changed pressure converter (11 747805391) and EGR valve (11717801942) day before yesterday. So for 2 weeks i didn't have any problems, i spent 400$ for nothing and my problem was still there. I am also not so satisfied with his proficiency since if i didn't experience the problem 2 weeks after he cleared the error he should have suspected problem is not within those 2 parts the he wanted to change but i guess he was to lazy so troubleshoot the issue more thoroughly. So yesterday when i called my mechanic and told him problem did not go away after those parts are changes he told me it is probably "turbo electronics". Since i am not mechanic can this be the cause of my problem? Also where can i look for that turbo electronic on scheme since i don't see any electronic parts here

The fix for yesterday turbo issue was turn off the car, lock it, leave it for 5 min and then start it.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
deadmn1337
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB 435i

Any idea what the codes that popped up when the check engine came on were? Best way to figure out what is going on is checking those codes. Also might help you to get a bt tool and log the car to see what is going on.

As to "turbo electronics" maybe he is talking about the solenoids that control your wastegates. If the waste gates aren't held close you won't build boost.

I have never seen a 320D in person, so these are guesses but i hope they help you a little bit.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
opti2k4
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i, Portimao Blue

No, don't know which codes were there. I ordered my diagnostic cable recently so i am still waiting for it to arrive.
Appreciate 0