E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > OFT error codes P2F6C, P2CF6, & U0D97- limp mode, surging RPMS?

09-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
KaiserN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I

Exclamation OFT error codes P2F6C, P2CF6, & U0D97- limp mode, surging RPMS?

Trying to figure out WTF is wrong with my car.

To begin with, I am not able to figure out these codes unless I remove the P...then I get exhaust flap open (accurate and no prob) and throttle valve potentialmeter... the car is surging, dying occasionally, in limp mode, etc. I read other threads where people said it was the installation of their piggy...but I haven't touched mine for 6 months or more. Does anyone know what is going on?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserN54
Trying to figure out WTF is wrong with my car.

To begin with, I am not able to figure out these codes unless I remove the P...then I get exhaust flap open (accurate and no prob) and throttle valve potentialmeter... the car is surging, dying occasionally, in limp mode, etc. I read other threads where people said it was the installation of their piggy...but I haven't touched mine for 6 months or more. Does anyone know what is going on?
Throttle position sensor could be causing your problem. I have the same code pop up and my idle will bounce up and down quickly.

Try unplugging the sensor, start the car, turn off the car, plug sensor back in, reset all codes and adaptations, start car and you hopefully should be okay.

The problem will keep coming back over and over more frequently until you just end up replacing the sensor attached to the throttle body(basically the throttle body itself).

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
There is a way to reset the throttle adaptation too....You might have to search for the instructions but it helped me when I was stuck last week with the "idle surging"...

Instructions from another member are as follows:

1. Never touch the break pedal & key remains inserted the entire time
2. Insert key and push START Button
3. Press and HOLD accelerator pedal for 30 seconds (some say 5, some say 25 seconds - I did 30 to be sure).
4. WITHOUT RELEASING THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL, push the START Button
5. Release accelerator pedal
6. Wait full 2 minutes
7. Start car normally
      09-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Or as Dmacc mentioned above, unplug the two cables going into the throttle body and them plug then back in, do a reset and you should be good to go...
      09-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
KaiserN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
Throttle position sensor could be causing your problem. I have the same code pop up and my idle will bounce up and down quickly.

Try unplugging the sensor, start the car, turn off the car, plug sensor back in, reset all codes and adaptations, start car and you hopefully should be okay.

The problem will keep coming back over and over more frequently until you just end up replacing the sensor attached to the throttle body(basically the throttle body itself).
This will sound dumb but....where exactly is the sensor? All I see is the "black box" on the outside. Do I need to open that? Or is it hidden behind somewhere?

On a related note, could a faulty TPS cause a misfire sensation under WOT?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserN54 View Post
This will sound dumb but....where exactly is the sensor? All I see is the "black box" on the outside. Do I need to open that? Or is it hidden behind somewhere?

On a related note, could a faulty TPS cause a misfire sensation under WOT?

Thanks
Not too sure about the misfire feel under acceleration, but attached to the black box is a little sensor, it clips in. If you can reach, the clip is on the bottom of the Throttle Body.

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0