F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Missing things that I thought were standard
proTUNING Freaks

09-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
AndyMD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Golf R 2020

Missing things that I thought were standard

I tried to find the power socket in the passenger footwell and the one on the rear centre console, but I haven't got them

Thought that I'd have the front lights that are rings (think they are called Angel eyes??? ) as the picture in the brochure looks like there're on the car as standard

The boot floor I thought had a support arm when you open it

I'm guessing that when the salesman said my car when be the same one as I'd tested wasn't being 100% honest?

Should I have these? I'm guessing not

Currently learnt a lesson
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

It looks like you drove a loaded model and then bought a stripper. Shame on you.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F34, 335iX GT M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMD
I tried to find the power socket in the passenger footwell and the one on the rear centre console, but I haven't got them

Thought that I'd have the front lights that are rings (think they are called Angel eyes??? ) as the picture in the brochure looks like there're on the car as standard

I'm guessing that when the salesman said my car when be the same one as I'd tested wasn't being 100% honest?

It all depends on the model you bought and if you also added a Luxury Line, Sport Line or M Sport. Different models and Lines have different "standard" features.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #4
ben_e71
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMD View Post

The LED angel eyes come with the xenons - the are an optional extra on all lines of the GT

The powersocket in the rear cabin is part of the extended storage pack - also optional

Sorry but it is the difference between looking at the pictures and reading the brochures cover to cover and researching on forums.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 04:08 AM   #5
allachie9
Grumpy Old Man
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Hi Andy,
I hope these 'missing' items don't detract too much from your enjoyment of the car.

On one of your other threads (I think it was the 'Picked it Up' one) you mentioned that it was your first BMW and also you sign off as 'being on a learning curve'.

Unfortunately ordering a new BMW can be quite a steep learning curve to make sure you get exactly what you want. I'm not trying to be wise after the event here, but when you've been through the process a few times, and built up a good relationship with your salesman, getting exactly what you want gets easier. Although it also becomes a bit more expensive when you start adding on the 'extras' you're looking for.

As has already been mentioned here, the 'angel eyes' come with xenon headlights and the power sockets with the extended storage package. I'm not sure about the strut holding the boot floor up though.
As I mentioned in my 'picked mine up' thread, I ordered the Luxury line 328i, with xenons, extended storage etc., and I have the supporting strut on mine.
I love 'angel eyes' but of course I can't see them when I'm driving, but I also love the clean illumination of xenons, especially on our Scottish country roads, hence for me they are a must, even if it adds a few hundred to the price !
I hope you're still loving your car,
Good luck,
      09-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #6
AndyMD
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allachie9 View Post
Hi Andy,
I hope these 'missing' items don't detract too much from your enjoyment of the car.,
Not at all, I love the car.

And I am on a learning curve. To be fair I went to the dealership and said this how much I want to pay, what can I get. And then I haggled them down more, so was happy with the deal. On reflection I think the salesman, (who testdrove a luxury with me) said the only difference between that and a sport would be no reversing camera and cloth instead of leather (that's one reason why i chose it because the wife is a veggie). But the same guy also said when i picked the car up that I have voice control bluetooth and BMW assist (the one you can ring and have sent to the Nav, but I haven't)

Mind you he also said not to rev it over 5,000 RPM for the first month. It red lines at 5,500!!!

Looking at the brochure the picture of the luxury has the angel eyes (the sport is pictured from the back) and doesn't mention anything about Xennons being extra. Like in the handbook it doesn't say that the power sockets are extras as I have one in the boot and they are mentioned in the same paragraph.

But I am very happy with the car. It drive extremely well and I'm looking forward to when I can put it in sports + mode after the run-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyrdr View Post
It all depends on the model you bought and if you also added a Luxury Line, Sport Line or M Sport. Different models and Lines have different "standard" features.
It's a Sport model.

I know I'm green and these aren't major disappointments. The brochure/price list could be clearer and the salesman more upto speed. But I'll know for next time!!!

Thanks for the replies

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #7
ben_e71
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3

It is a minefield not helped by their very poor descriptions of options.....

Any pics of the car?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
AndyMD
Lieutenant
Rep

Will try and get some good ones this weekend!!

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
allachie9
Grumpy Old Man
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Hi Andy,
I'm a bit intrigued by your salesman's comments about BMW Assist. To be honest it doesn't sound as though you had the most helpful and/or knowledgeable BMW salesman in the World. In your '2 Weeks to Go' thread I believe you mentioned your car was a 'Sport with Nav'.

Have a look here-
http://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/disco.../overview.html

. . . . from the page

Every new BMW vehicle equipped with a Navigation system and Bluetooth telephone preparation is entitled to a three year complimentary BMW Assist account. Once your account had been set-up, a host of additional services become available which includes: BMW Emergency call, Remote Services and access to the BMW Assist Online portal.

All BMW Assist services function independently of a mobile phone. Instead they are driven through a SIM card that is already built into the vehicle, which means you can access information as and when you need for free.

I'm sorry if I'm about to tell you something you already know, but did your salesman, or yourself, set up the BMW Assist account ?
My understanding is that from June of this year some BMW Assist/Connected Drive services are activated at the factory, but others still need to be activated by creating an account.
Have you been given a user name and password ?
If not, either get your salesman to do it, or do it yourself. The Connected Drive people are very helpful, but I believe they are only there Mon- Fri 0900 - 1700, and the account takes up to 2 working days to be up and running.
The application can be done online, or by calling 0800 561 0555.

I know you and I picked our cars up on the same day and I had arranged my BMW Assist account on 30th August but it wasn't fully activated until 3rd September. For example I could get the news and weather pages, search Google local etc., when I picked the car up, but couldn't access my email accounts and Remote Services until the following day.

As I said, sorry if this something you've already done, but as a new BMW owner I thought you might welcome a little advice (maybe something your salesman should have done).
I'd be interested to hear how you get on.
      09-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
AndyMD
Lieutenant
Rep

Hi Alan,

Many thanks for your help and words of wisdom. I did contact BMW after I picked the car up as the salesman gave me the senerio thta if I was in the middle of France and lost, I could call BMW and they could send me directions to a hotel etc. The reply is here

Thank you for your application to set up your BMW ConnectedDrive account.

The BMW Business Media package that you have specified on your vehicle includes the Advanced Business Navigation system together with two valuable BMW ConnectedDrive Services - BMW Emergency Call and BMW Teleservices. I can advise that both of these services are vehicle services which do not require personal configuration in the website. As this service does not have the Google destination send to car function or information plus call, It is for this reason that a username and password is not issued or required.

I am pleased to confirm that your BMW ConnectedDrive Services (embedded SIM card) have been activated during production. Therefore, please be advised that both of these services are currently active and functioning on your BMW and will be available for the lifetime of the car.

Should you require any further information please contact your preferred BMW Approved Dealership or contact our Customer Information Support Team at bmwconnecteddrive@bmwfin.com.

Yours sincerely

BMW UK

I'm thinking that if I ever were lost in France, I would stay lost!!!!

As I say it hasn't diminished the pleasure of owning the car, but I was expecting a higher standard of knowledge from the salesman.

Please don't stop giving me advice, it's much needed!!!

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #11
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

A sport model in 320d fashion? Quite unique!
You had to order the lighting package and premium to get those options my friend...

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0