Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Anyone use Goodyear Excellence tires?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-13-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
rotts4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A3 TDI

Anyone use Goodyear Excellence tires?

My local Goodyear dealers are showing a "European tire" called EXCELLENCE but they are not on Tire Rack or the goodyear webpage (USA). I can find some info on them on european sites but I am wondering if anyone has used them?

I am pulling off the Bridgestones RFTs from my 2006 325i (non sport package) to replace them with a standard tire. This is my second set of the bridgestones and they both feathered the edges and got noisey so I am going non RFTs. The car is my wifes and is basically a daily driver so she needs decent wet braking and cornering and since we live in the south no snow performance is needed. We dont want a high wear performance tire but more of a balanced touring type tire.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
rotts4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I even called goodyear and they didnt have info on them either.

WTF?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #3
rotts4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I was finally able to get a brochure from Goodyear Europe and decided to get the tires. I got them put on tonight and after a short drive home, I can say I like them way better than the RFTs of course.

The normal ride is the first thing I noticed. A lot less stiff yet in the corners under load it still felt planted. I will have to spend some more time for a proper review but so far I am pretty happy.

The dealer called me over in the shop to feel the old RFTs and how stiff the sidewalls were and how heavy the tire was compared to the new goodyears. The difference was surprising.

More info later as I get some more miles on them.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #4
rotts4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The tires now have about 6000 miles on them after a busy 3 months on the road. Most of it was interstate use and as expected they still look new. They are very quite and seem to be wearing well. I am not sure of he tread depth when new so I cant yet estimate mileage. So far I am happy.

Don
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2009, 12:12 AM   #5
rotts4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Well it has now been about 25K miles on these tires and they too have feathered at the edges just like the original Bridgestones did. Now they are VERY noisey and I will have to replace them soon.

It doesnt seem to matter what I put on they last 15-20K max and feather and get loud. I rotate them every 5-6K and keep 35 min lbs cold in there. I am thinking of trying Bridgestone Serenity Truanza or Michelin Primacy MXV4s this time
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
Try Yokahama tires. I had a set on my 2004 Camry and absolutely loved them. I got the Advan S4. They are an all season tire and wear extremely well. I got mine through The Tire Rack online and received them the day after I ordered them. Obviously, if you want to talk to someone by phone, they are great people to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #7
rothwem
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i Wagon

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I had Michelin Primacy MXV4's on my old volvo, they were good tires, especially in the rain. They weren't particularly sporty, but neither was the car. I also got 1-2 more mpgs than my previous yokohamas after I put them on.

With that said, I think the premature tire wear that you're having is related to alignment problems.
Appreciate 0