E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help. Where do these wires go?

10-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan

Garage List
Help. Where do these wires go?

So I was putting in new tail lights when I noticed I had two disconnected wires in my battery area. I tried connecting them to each other but they absolutely would not fit. I thought that these wires might be the cause of my car throwing the 2E8E code.

I circled the two wire plugs and the 2nd picture is of a tag on the wire with the blue plug. Anyone know what they wires plug into?

Alpina B3 Flash, JB4 G5, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, 30% tint, matte black kidney grills, paint matched e90 spoiler, paint matched front splitter, black finishing rods, BMW OEM Blacklines, Cyba air scoops, powder coated matte black wheels, Koni + Eibachs, more to come.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
anyone
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
anyone
The black connector is the battery bypass connector, used to bypass the in-car electronics during transport to the dealership so the battery doesn't drain.

It's supposed to remain disconnected after delivery to the customer.

The blue connector should connect to another blue connector further up the battery cable right above the negative terminal. At least it does on mine.

The wire with the blue connector connects to the negative terminal, yes? What color are the wires going into that connector?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
The black connector is the battery bypass connector, used to bypass the in-car electronics during transport to the dealership so the battery doesn't drain.

It's supposed to remain disconnected after delivery to the customer.

The blue connector should connect to another blue connector further up the battery cable right above the negative terminal. At least it does on mine.

The wire with the blue connector connects to the negative terminal, yes? What color are the wires going into that connector?
you helped me out a ton man, thank you. I was able to find the where the blue connecter goes to and now I have no codes! my 2E8E went away, thank you

Alpina B3 Flash, JB4 G5, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, 30% tint, matte black kidney grills, paint matched e90 spoiler, paint matched front splitter, black finishing rods, BMW OEM Blacklines, Cyba air scoops, powder coated matte black wheels, Koni + Eibachs, more to come.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
you helped me out a ton man, thank you. I was able to find the where the blue connecter goes to and now I have no codes! my 2E8E went away, thank you
No problem, the 2E8E code is "No communication with the IBS" which is the sensor built into the negative terminal. Now I know what that cable does.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
No problem, the 2E8E code is "No communication with the IBS" which is the sensor built into the negative terminal. Now I know what that cable does.
well I had the 2E8E code for a while (didn't know about it until last week though). I tried deleting the code (with the JB4) but it never went away. Once I connected the blue wire you told me about the 2E8E code was still their but once I deleted the code it didn't come back. So thank you

Appreciate 0