Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 225M / Michelin PS2 Monaco blue review

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-17-2007, 08:01 AM   #1
theDude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

225M / Michelin PS2 Monaco blue review

First off,

I'd like to say thanks to Rich at RDAutosport for hooking me up with some beautiful rims. To anyone who has doubts, Rich provided excellent customer service from start to finish, even checking up after delivery to make sure the wheels arrived in good condition (which they did, thanks to paranoid levels of packing materials ...you can never be too safe ) If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

Anyhow, on to my comments/pictures...

I really, really like the way these wheels look on the car. I'm not sure how well my picture taking does them justice, but I've already gotten lots of attention at my dealership where CA's and the sale manager griped about the nice stuff not being available in the states when they saw these wheels mounted. My biggest concern was weight, but when compared to the stock 189 style setup, you actually save 2.2 lbs in the rear and 3.8 lbs in the front, thanks to the Michelin PS2 tires. Kind of cheating, but it works for me The weight for the 225M wheels is 30.4 lbs in the rear and 28.4 lbs in the front. I posted pictures of the weighing in my PS2 thread, so I won't repeat that here.

The handling on the new tires is absolutely wonderful. The car is significantly less jarring over bumps/potholes and it corners like a champ. I went with the 265/30's and 235/35's and have had zero issues with fitment/rubbing. I haven't had a car full of people yet, but I tested it out over some gigantic speed bumps with no problems. So to anyone who is interested in using 265/235 combo on BMW 19's (225M, 230's. etc.), go for it.

Fresh out of the box:

After a few (agonizing) days waiting for my mounting appointment:

I apologize in advance for the lighting...I didn't pick up my car until late in the day and it was twilight when I took these pictures. I'll be sure to take some more and post in the picture gallery this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #2
avop
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 335i M-Sport

Hi,

I would be very interested to know the price of those 225m wheels?

I am in the situation where I have placed an order for the 08 335i m-sport (I can still make some changes though). I am wondering if the best solution would be to use the standard 193m wheels as a winter set and buy the 225m:s for the summer when the time comes (as you did). Choosing the standard wheels would obviously mean that I could get my summer set with proper non rft

In Finland upgrading to 225m:s is a 1020 euro option.

thanks!

btw I love those 225m:s! looks good on your car.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci ZHP, 1999 Miata

Nevermined... I"m a dumbass

Last edited by DrDomer; 10-17-2007 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: I'm not very smart
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
Archibald Donnington
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1

I'm just going to say it...
It would look soooo perfect lowered.
Arugh, my bad. If it's not your taste, I feel you. But that gap is HUGE!
aaron