BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-31-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
GMP Performance
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E82 135i, E90 325i

Performance Friction Z-Rated Brake Kits for the 1M from GMP Performance

New from Performance Friction - the new line of Z-Rated brake kits specifically for your BMW! Without question, this brake kit is the best on the market - a conclusion that comes from years of racing domination, not the marketing desk. Unlike other brands whose street kits have only the nametag in common with their top level racing components, these PFC parts are the real deal that win Championships across the board of top-level professional series Tudor, GRAND-AM, World Challenge, WTCC, Australian V8 Supercars, and more.

BMW 1M (2011+) Performance Friction Z-Rated Monobloc Front Brake Kit (372mm, ZR31 Caliper)

BMW 1M (2011+) Performance Friction Z-Rated Monobloc Rear Brake Kit (371mm, ZR31 Caliper)

The kits are specifically designed to meet the needs of the most demanding BMW Performance enthusiast and racer. Brake bias is moved slightly to the rear for improved braking performance in both front-only and 4-wheel applications.

Calipers

Z31 Front and Rear Caliper (4-Piston, 4-Pad) - The 4-piston Z31 caliper used on both the front and rear of this kit is a Monobloc design, machined from a single piece of alloy billet (not a casting used by all other manufacturers) for maximum strength from an FIA-created design that optimizes weight while keeping the caliper rigid. This unique caliper uses four pads per caliper - one per piston for an incredible bite and the ability to mix pad selection for mixed-use cars. Calipers are finished with black anodizing, then your choice of color powdercoat and include dust boots.
Why not 6-piston?

Performance Friction takes their top level racing technology and applies it to everything they design, and make every component that comes from their South Carolina manufacturing facility perform at the highest level possible. A 4-piston caliper, designed correctly, is lighter and has better release characteristics than a similar 6-piston piece. If you are trying to impress piston counters, there are much cheaper ways to do it. If you want the best performing brakes you can buy, look no further.

Rotors

The Performance Friction rotors used in all kits are the newest V2 Direct Drive Rotors. Made from a precision casting, all external surfaces are machined to tolerances of 0.004", including the OD of the vein area that most manufacturers leave rough-cast. This is the only rotor that are mechanically, thermally, and dynamically balanced - meaning you will never warp them because they are balanced in all situations, all temperatures. New V2 hardware reduces weight an additional half pound from the already light V1 components.

Kit also includes Z-Rated PFC performance pads and the required stainless brake line set.

For more information on these kits, click any of the links above or feel free to contact us at any time!

Trey @ GMP Performance
Phone: 704-525-0941 x 254
Email: trey@gmpperformance.com
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
GMP Performance
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Feel free to message us with any questions or for more information.

Trey @ GMP Performance
Phone: 704-525-0941 x 254
Email: trey@gmpperformance.com
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #3
GMP Performance
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Bump for some great brake kits!
Appreciate 0