11-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
tommolog
Tom Moloughney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3s BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz26 View Post
It should be noted that BMW is still refining the REx which is why it isn't available for another 5-6 month. The pre-production REx cars out there now don't have all the sound deadening insulation and the engine isn't exactly tuned to production form. Wait till the production car is available, it's not going to sound like the writer described on cars delivered to customers.
      11-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommolog
Quote:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/i3/...range-extender" rel="ugc" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.autoexpre...e-extender</a>
It should be noted that BMW is still refining the REx which is why it isn't available for another 5-6 month. The pre-production REx cars out there now don't have all the sound deadening insulation and the engine isn't exactly tuned to production form. Wait till the production car is available, it's not going to sound like the writer described on cars delivered to customers.
This is a full production UK spec car exactly as will be delivered to customers!! Production of customer Rex cars starts very shortly. BMW have given me a production date in early Jan.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
cc3
Major
Rep

Another review of the Rex. More encouraging. Let's hope Auto Express is wrong and it doesn't sound like you have a lawn mower in the boot. Maybe the Bev is the way to go. Rex more expensive, more weight, more noise, why not just buy a conventional small city car?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...t-drive-review
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
cc3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
UK dealers getting REx versions in next 10 days for test drives so this must be the final customer version
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
tommolog
Tom Moloughney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3s BEV

Quote:
UK dealers getting REx versions in next 10 days for test drives so this must be the final customer version
I believe they will find out that while they provide some for test drives they won't get the final production version for another four months. That is because it is not finished. The word is they will be refining it till February in all likelihood before a customer gets to take one home.
      11-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
cc3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I believe they will find out that while they provide some for test drives they won't get the final production version for another four months. That is because it is not finished. The word is they will be refining it till February in all likelihood before a customer gets to take one home.
No these are full production European spec cars. Customer production slots are now being given out for REX cars. With customer cars arriving in January. I guess you may get a later version of these cars in the US?
Appreciate 0