F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Benefits of Connected Drive?
Extreme Powerhouse

11-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
dhalsby
Rep
Drives: 428i

Benefits of Connected Drive?

I opted to not pay for Connected Drive in my new 428i which I pick up Wednesday!

What is everyone's thoughts on the pros and cons of connected drive. I want to know what I'm missing. I read that there is a Bmw App with connected drive that can control locking and unlocking doors / climate settings.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
3bimmerdoc
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Coupe M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhalsby View Post
I opted to not pay for Connected Drive in my new 428i which I pick up Wednesday!

What is everyone's thoughts on the pros and cons of connected drive. I want to know what I'm missing. I read that there is a Bmw App with connected drive that can control locking and unlocking doors / climate settings.
I have connected drive on my current car, the only thing I used was the Bluetooth audio for listening to music on my phone... Which was purely out of laziness (I had the y cable to use with my iPhone 4 but once I switched to an iPhone 5 it would screw up so I switched to Bluetooth... I could have used a USB cable, I could have just put the music on a USB stick)... Long story short, for my car that is currently on it's way to me, although I wanted a fully loaded car, they told me there was one that was just entering production when I was coming to order mine that had everything but the connected drive and I didn't hesitate to get it... Connected drive is really not a big deal in my opinion!
Appreciate 0