F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > F30/20 Canadian Mapping for Exhaust System
Studio RSR

12-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #1
sebi04.04
Rep
Drives: F80 2018

F30/20 Canadian Mapping for Exhaust System

Hello Guys,

Im Sebi from Germany and I have a short question to all of the Canadian F30/20 Diesel Drivers out there.

I got myself an 2012 F20 Diesel a few months ago. So I went to the Exhaust Tuner in my Region because I would like to Install a Custom Exhaust System on my Car. After discussing with the Mechanic in the Shop he told me that they have not figured out a way to make a nice Exhaust System for the BMW Fxx-Series because of the Diesel Particular Filter that needs to be in Europe Cars, because of the emissions rules in the EU. He told me that there are no Particular Filters in the Canadian Standart Exhaust System when they come from BMW. I researched in different Forums to figure out a Solution for my Problem, and talked to Shawn Sheridan from Bimmerfest Forum.

On the old BMW Models (Exx-Series) you have to change the Vehicle Order and reprogram the Motor ECU with the BMW Programming Tools to realize this. The NOT-EU Versions had an option code: S8S5A : Deleted, Diesel Particular Filter.

As I have access to Coding Tools for my F20, i would like to give it a try on my new model!

As you can see the Vehicle Order by Having the Vehicles VIN ( or at least the last 7 Digits of it) i would like to ask you guys if some of you with F20/30 Diesels would like to send they're VIN to me (maybe by Private Message?) so that i can see which Programm Files are used on the "non-DPF" models?

That seems to be the only way to Figure this out for me. Or does anyone of you know on how to code/Programm the Fxx-Series to let them ignore that the DPF has been removed? Or has anyone installed an Custom exhaust on his Fxx-Series Model without DPF ?

Lot's of questions, but thanks for your Help!

Greets from Germany!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
regular_joe
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 320XI Modern Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebi04.04 View Post
Hello Guys,

Im Sebi from Germany and I have a short question to all of the Canadian F30/20 Diesel Drivers out there.

I got myself an 2012 F20 Diesel a few months ago. So I went to the Exhaust Tuner in my Region because I would like to Install a Custom Exhaust System on my Car. After discussing with the Mechanic in the Shop he told me that they have not figured out a way to make a nice Exhaust System for the BMW Fxx-Series because of the Diesel Particular Filter that needs to be in Europe Cars, because of the emissions rules in the EU. He told me that there are no Particular Filters in the Canadian Standart Exhaust System when they come from BMW. I researched in different Forums to figure out a Solution for my Problem, and talked to Shawn Sheridan from Bimmerfest Forum.

On the old BMW Models (Exx-Series) you have to change the Vehicle Order and reprogram the Motor ECU with the BMW Programming Tools to realize this. The NOT-EU Versions had an option code: S8S5A : Deleted, Diesel Particular Filter.

As I have access to Coding Tools for my F20, i would like to give it a try on my new model!

As you can see the Vehicle Order by Having the Vehicles VIN ( or at least the last 7 Digits of it) i would like to ask you guys if some of you with F20/30 Diesels would like to send they're VIN to me (maybe by Private Message?) so that i can see which Programm Files are used on the "non-DPF" models?

That seems to be the only way to Figure this out for me. Or does anyone of you know on how to code/Programm the Fxx-Series to let them ignore that the DPF has been removed? Or has anyone installed an Custom exhaust on his Fxx-Series Model without DPF ?

Lot's of questions, but thanks for your Help!

Greets from Germany!
I would suggest reposting this thread to the coding forum and also the exhaust one to get specific answers.

personally i do not have a diesel f30 so i would not be able to send you a vin. But i am going to a dealer in a few week so i can get a few vins from their lot if you like. PM me the specific car you need a vin from and i will see what i can do for you.
Appreciate 0