F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Anyone know a good CA in Portland, OR area (or Seattle)?
ARMA SPEED

12-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
NBSI
Rep
Drives: Vrooom

Anyone know a good CA in Portland, OR area (or Seattle)?

I'm ready to get a 4 series built and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good CA/dealer to work with in the Portland metro area. Since Portland is a pretty small market and Seattle isn't too far away, I'm open to options in Seattle as well.

I talked to a CA at the dealership closest to me and he seemed pretty cool; he even asked if I might want to do ED which seemed like a good sign because I've heard to some CAs/dealers don't like to do ED. I will be doing a lease, which I've never done before, and he told me that they mark up the money factor to .00165. Is it normal for dealers to mark this up, and if so, by how much?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
Spartan
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport

Hi NBSI.

I was in your same spot in November. The PNW just doesn't have a lot of dealers to choose from. I went to the larger dealer in Beaverton, OR just to take a look but didn't really talk to anyone. I would rather work with someone that is known and rated on a forum like this or has high marks from other enthusiasts or is an enthusiast him/herself.

That said, I found a CA named David Padgalskas. over at the other Portland dealer (BMW Portland - west side closer to the city) after searching through a bunch of forums. I found someone who had a good experience with him and decided to reach out.

He gave me the deal that I wanted on the car that I wanted and even let me drive his personal tuned 335i to get a feel for the car that I planned on ordering.

So far so good. He is super responsive and has not disappointed me. My car will be arriving in January and I'll have a better review of him and the dealership in general, but I feel comfortable enough to recommend him at this time. You can tell him Scott sent you.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 12:39 AM   #3
ScreamingChicken
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 MG MT Exec

I would recommend Jim Mannheimer at Salem BMW if you're willing to drive an extra 45 mins. I went to Kuni and Portland BMW but didn't have a good experience at either, each for different reasons. A work associate who bought several BMWs from Salem recommended Jim. Jim was very knowledgable, respectful, didn't try to hide the incentives and gave me the price I wanted.
Appreciate 0