E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need Advice !!! My Bimmer still in service since Nov,5

12-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
alanza84
alanza
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Need Advice !!! My Bimmer still in service since Nov,5

2011 BMW xDrive 24000 miles , still in service since Nov,5 , and they can't fix the issue.

Issues appeared on cluster :

1. 4x4 chassis stabilization
2.4x4 ABS brake system

After 5-7 days in service they said there is a problem with the Transfer case.
It took them 3 and half weeks to receive the transfer case so it is arrived and they installed it only, I was really exited to get my car back but they said it didn't work so they have to replace some module. So called to BMW service December 10, lady said : waiting for some parts !!! Then I called to BMW Corp. they said we can't do anything so you have to wait.
Yesterday December,14 I came in to pickup my car , as soon as I arrived at the service department, my service manager said that error occurred again. that means they replaced a lot of parts in my car but didn't find the source of the problem.

Should I ask for replacement car ?

It is driving me nuts.
It is BAD service for such expensive car.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

did they give you a loaner at least?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
alanza84
alanza
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
did they give you a loaner at least?
Yeah, but it is not helping me Iam missing my car, it was fully loaded, and the loaner car is sucks

It is so crazy, you can buy corolla for 15-17K and its gonna run for 10 years at least. but 2 and half years car cost thousands of $$$ 24 thousand miles, broke and service foreman can't fix it, they building new car with in 2-3 weeks and in this case can't find the issue.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Wow that's terrible. I'm not sure what you can do at this point other than wait. If the repairs are not done to satisfaction after you get the car back maybe BMWNA can do something about it. They do buybacks but not sure if your situation qualifies.
      12-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
alanza84
alanza
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
Wow that's terrible. I'm not sure what you can do at this point other than wait. If the repairs are not done to satisfaction after you get the car back maybe BMWNA can do something about it. They do buybacks but not sure if your situation qualifies.
I will call BMWNA tomorrow morning and will ask to replace this car with same year model and same options.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #6
alanza84
alanza
United_States
Rep

or have them to add extended warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
parabola
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 VW GTI

Things fail, all they have to do is fix it if it's under the warranty, anything else is their good will...I doubt you're getting a replacement car.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
alanza84
alanza
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by child_in_time View Post
Things fail, all they have to do is fix it if it's under the warranty, anything else is their good will...I doubt you're getting a replacement car.
Agreed, but they have to fix it with in normal time frame.
For example :
You bought new Plasma TV. so if it goes bad. your steps is :
1.contact vender
2.ship item back to manufacture

If they cant fix it they have to replace it with the new one or refurbished.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #9
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Be calm and polite, they r trying to resolve it... But explain your concerns to them that you are inconvenienced by not having access to your actual car and this loaner is not in any way comparable to what you have dropped off. You have held out with this loaner for too long and you need your actual car back or some comparable accommodations need to be made to make u whole again.

If asked what you would want, then ask for a loaner of a similar MSRP to the vehicle you dropped off. Also you can ask for payment credits for the length of time that your car has been in the shop until the actual issue is fully resolved. Finally, i would ask for some kind of free warranty upgrade/extension because you are concerned that you have a lemon of a car. I wouldn't gun for the full buy back of the car unless you really don't like your car or are planning to get rid of it soon anyways.

If your planning to trade in/sell/lease return soon anyways... See if they would be willing to just buy back the car and give you a deal on a new car (lease/purchase).

Last edited by fazman; 12-15-2013 at 10:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #10
alanza84
alanza
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Be calm and polite, they r trying to resolve it... But explain your concerns to them that you are inconvenienced by not having access to you actual car and this loaner is not in any way comparable to what you have dropped off. You have held out with this loaner for too long and you need you actual car back or some comparable accommodations need to be made to make u whole again.

If asked what you would want, then ask for a loaner of a similar MSRP to the vehicle you dropped off. Also you can ask for payment credits for the length of time that your car has been in the shop until the actual issue is fully resolved. Finally, i would ask for some kind of free warranty upgrade/extension because you are concerned that you have a lemon of a car. I wouldn't gun for the full buy back of the car unless you really don't like our car or are planning to get rid of it soon anyways.

If your planning to trade in/sell/lease return soon anyways... See if they would be willing to just buy back the car and give you a deal on a new car (lease/purchase).

I really like my car, and it is paid off. I hope they will replace my car with the same year model and same options, or the new one. if not will ask for extended warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #11
redz06
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i sedan

Long Wait for Service

I can identify with this post. My battery went down after only 26 months of service. BMW were intent on proving that the reason for the battery failure was my aftermarket amplifier, which I personally installed over 18 months ago. BMW spent over a week in testing of the electrical system with the intention of proving that their battery failed because of my JL amplifier. This try failed, and at the end of their testing my amplifier was working fine. BMW's battery was the cause of the failure from day one. As a result of BMW's quest, I was in a BMW loaner for more than one week, which more than doubled the cost (to BMW) for BMW to provide a warranty the car. During that time I was unable to use the toll roads for my trip to and from work, a big inconvenience to me. The total time to get from diagnosis of the problem to a fix was over one week and this is unacceptable to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #12
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Call BMWNA and open a claim.I suggest you ask for someone in upper management. Explain the situation, and ask if they could make a month or two payments. I would also ask what recourse you have, and you no longer feel safe driving the car. Stay calm, and respectful even though you are upset. I feel confident that you will get results. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #13
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanza84 View Post
I really like my car, and it is paid off. I hope they will replace my car with the same year model and same options, or the new one. if not will ask for extended warranty.
No sense getting someone else's used car for bmw's fault of not being able to fix it. I see this as an opportunity for u to get into a new 2014 made to order and below manufacturer cost after your old car is bought back. Since your current car is already paid off... There is no sense in asking for a payment credit.

If you get a lot of lip service from BMW NA... I'm sure a simple letter with any legal firms letter head will get them to stop dicking around.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #14
alanza84
alanza
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz06 View Post
I can identify with this post. My battery went down after only 26 months of service. BMW were intent on proving that the reason for the battery failure was my aftermarket amplifier, which I personally installed over 18 months ago. BMW spent over a week in testing of the electrical system with the intention of proving that their battery failed because of my JL amplifier. This try failed, and at the end of their testing my amplifier was working fine. BMW's battery was the cause of the failure from day one. As a result of BMW's quest, I was in a BMW loaner for more than one week, which more than doubled the cost (to BMW) for BMW to provide a warranty the car. During that time I was unable to use the toll roads for my trip to and from work, a big inconvenience to me. The total time to get from diagnosis of the problem to a fix was over one week and this is unacceptable to me.
This is unacceptable to me as well

Last edited by alanza84; 12-16-2013 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #15
alanza84
alanza
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Call BMWNA and open a claim.I suggest you ask for someone in upper management. Explain the situation, and ask if they could make a month or two payments. I would also ask what recourse you have, and you no longer feel safe driving the car. Stay calm, and respectful even though you are upset. I feel confident that you will get results. Good luck, and keep us posted.

I will call them tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #16
alanza84
alanza
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No sense getting someone else's used car for bmw's fault of not being able to fix it. I see this as an opportunity for u to get into a new 2014 made to order and below manufacturer cost after your old car is bought back. Since your current car is already paid off... There is no sense in asking for a payment credit.

If you get a lot of lip service from BMW NA... I'm sure a simple letter with any legal firms letter head will get them to stop dicking around.
Thanks for your support. Depends on how for how mutch the can buy it back.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #17
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanza84 View Post
Thanks for your support. Depends on how for how mutch the can buy it back.
Usually they give u the best possible terms especially if they know u are still sticking with the brand. Its hard to lose a customer who can flat out own his car (especially in the lux segment).

They will do right by you and if not... A $100 consultation at an attorney would be a well worth while investment. One letter is all it takes my friend
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #18
alanza84
alanza
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Usually they give u the best possible terms especially if they know u are still sticking with the brand. Its hard to lose a customer who can flat out own his car (especially in the lux segment).

They will do right by you and if not... A $100 consultation at an attorney would be a well worth while investment. One letter is all it takes my friend
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

BMWNA is located in Woodcliff Lake, N.J. If your near, maybe go there with a typed letter explaining your concerns, and give it to upper management. They might offer you trade in assist, and help you get into a newer model. This process takes time, however, results are well worth it.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
alanza84
alanza
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
BMWNA is located in Woodcliff Lake, N.J. If your near, maybe go there with a typed letter explaining your concerns, and give it to upper management. They might offer you trade in assist, and help you get into a newer model. This process takes time, however, results are well worth it.
Thanks for your advice, just spoke to supervisor at BMWNA, he will check my case with in 1-2 business days and let me know about replacement car.
And spoke to my attorney about it, she said because Im the second owner of this car, so I can't get buyback offer form BMWNA, but I can get "big" compensation for inconvenience.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #21
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

How about getting a better loaner in the meantime?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #22
alanza84
alanza
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
How about getting a better loaner in the meantime?
It was my question as well, I'll get answers with in 1-2 business days.
Appreciate 0