E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Aftermarket wiring?

12-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
shoepac11
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Aftermarket wiring?

Have a handful of clearly aftermarket wiring in my car and I'm trying to figure out what product it went to. They are all runs of interior wires within smooth black plastic sheathing. All of them end in small white plastic connectors within the steering column. As for the other ends, Two of the bundles are spliced into factory wires just forward of the shifter, under the center console. Another one runs through the shifter grommet and plugs into the side of the transmission. And the last one comes from a boost/vacuum transducer just inside the drivers sidee firewall grommet. Also I don't know if these are related, but the car also has a 5th o2 sensor just rearward of the rear DP connection. Dont know where that wiring goes. Any ideas are appreciated. Will post pics. Thanks guys..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
JYohay
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

O2 sensor would be a auxiliary AfR sensor and the rest of the wiring would be for the afr gauge and a boost gauge prob.
Not sure about the wire near the transmission
The wire taps Infront of the shifter were for power and ground
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
shoepac11
Enlisted Member
Rep

I figured that, I think I worded the post badly. What I'm really wondering if anyone knows what brand/model of gauge or display they might be for. The white connectors at the ends of the wires all locate in the steering column, and they are not single wire connectors. There are three "multi pin" type connectors. I would guess that they connct to some type of control box or digital display. Just a shot in the dark, in case I may want to buy said device. Thanks for the response.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
JYohay
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

pictures would help....... but there are way too many types and brands.....so even a picture may not help.
since you have no gauge why does it even matter?
any gauge you buy will come with the sender unit and wiring.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
shoepac11
Enlisted Member
Rep

I suppose I'm just being lazy. If I can figure it out then ill just buy the corresponding gauges and not have to mess with rewiring everything. I thin I found them tho. Prety sure they are for aem AF, boost, and trans temp gauges.
Appreciate 0