F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Galaxy S4 Bluetooth Skipping Issues
Studio RSR

12-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
428GEI
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i Xdrive MSport

Galaxy S4 Bluetooth Skipping Issues

Hello all!

I am new to this forum, but have enjoyed reading all of the posts during my 6 week delivery time. I took delivery of my 2014 428i Xdrive M-Sport only 2 weeks ago. I am loving everything about it, minus one nagging issue.

I mainly listen to Spotify as my music source on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I have spent much time creating playlists and making it perfect for me. The problem, is that when I go to stream ANY music (Pandora, Spotify, etc) via Bluetooth, after about 1 minute it begins skipping like a scratched CD or record. Almost like it is cutting in and out. I find this very frustrating because Pandora doesn't work via the BMW app either, and paying as much as I did for this car, I believe that this should work. It worked with my last car seamlessly.

If anyone has ANY advice at all, I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #2
BobN2Tech
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428GEI View Post
Hello all!

I am new to this forum, but have enjoyed reading all of the posts during my 6 week delivery time. I took delivery of my 2014 428i Xdrive M-Sport only 2 weeks ago. I am loving everything about it, minus one nagging issue.

I mainly listen to Spotify as my music source on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I have spent much time creating playlists and making it perfect for me. The problem, is that when I go to stream ANY music (Pandora, Spotify, etc) via Bluetooth, after about 1 minute it begins skipping like a scratched CD or record. Almost like it is cutting in and out. I find this very frustrating because Pandora doesn't work via the BMW app either, and paying as much as I did for this car, I believe that this should work. It worked with my last car seamlessly.

If anyone has ANY advice at all, I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!
I have the 2014 328i and a Galaxy S4, and I have noticed this. If I re-orient the phone, sometimes it does it less.

Update: I have updated the Samsung Galaxy S4 software to version 4.2.2, and it no longer skips or cuts out the BT audio. Also, the album, song titles now appear in the idrive display for my other apps like Pandora, Tunein Radio, stitcher radio, and spotify.

Last edited by BobN2Tech; 05-19-2014 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Updated Galaxy software
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Used to always do this same thing on my Nexus 5, but was completely fixed as of last software update.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
Seattle_435i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

I have a Galaxy S4 with ATT. I had the same issue, but I unpaired the phone and downloaded the latest Android update on the phone and now I have no issues with the Bluetooth connection intermittently cutting out.
Appreciate 0