E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Question about glass install

12-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

Question about glass install

I recently had my rear windshield changed out and as far as I could tell, it looked pretty well done. Anyways, about a day or two afterwards I took a much closer look at the install. On the right-hand side I noticed a very minute gap where the molding looks tucked or turns downwards unlike the left side where the molding looks proper and turns upwards, effectively creating a channel for water to run down. Well, I measured either side and discovered that there's about a 2, maybe 3mm difference between right and left, the right side being wider of the two. That said, was the installation botched because of the gap that's there now? and again it's very slight. I'm just concerned that water may be able to infiltrate and possibly mess up any mechanicals that may be beneath it. I also took a look at the two corners and for some reason, the right side again, doesn't look right. Am I just worried too much or should I be OK? It's just that I'm trudging forward restoring my car to top nick as best I can and I don't want to have to back pedal, buying crap that should never have got damaged in the first place.

Here's some pics:

This is the right side. You can see how the molding turns downwards thus creating a tiny gap. Kinda hard to see, but how wide it is compared to the left side is pretty evident.

Now compare it to the left side. You can see how the molding creates the channel I was talking about because it turns upwards.

The upper left corner seems right enough I guess.

But DANG! Here's the right again.
      12-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3