F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Suspension upgrade? 335xi
Studio RSR

12-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
Northvanslowlane
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Suspension upgrade? 335xi

first post newbie.

I just took delivery of a 2013335xi with the M Sport package. I'm interested in tightening the feel of the car without making it harsh. Has anyone sorted out a reasonable upgrade for street driving with the xi? What is the best bang for the buck if I want to make one mod only to this?

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
johndeere
mhmmmm
Canada
Rep
Drives: MS3X

H&R springs. Car will be lower, tighter with slightly less body roll. Under normal driving conditions and small bumps you won't notice any difference between stock, however, over large bumps and pot holes if you're going faster than slow you will feel it quite harshly.

If you have good roads around you, the springs should be a no brainer. If you have potholes around, you may not like the ride.

Having said that, I've had an e46 m3 on full coils prior to this f30 on springs, and the harsh hit on potholes and large speed bumps was identical on coils as it is on these springs with adaptive suspension.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
rjm98119
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Someone recently within the past couple of weeks mentioned on this forum that BC Racing claims a set of their coil-overs are compatible with the xDrive.

I haven't personally contacted them, but will be after the holidays because I have grown to hate my '13 xDrive's floaty suspension.

If you end up contacting BC racing about it, please post your findings as well, as I'm sure others would be interested. (I'll post info if/when I get it).
Appreciate 0