F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > ED and confusion about lease sign vs delivery and Holiday Incentives
ARMA SPEED

12-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
sticknrudder
Rep
Drives: 330i E90

ED and confusion about lease sign vs delivery and Holiday Incentives

Hey everyone,

Desperately need some help here as I'm getting different information from my CA (with whom I have a deal worked out, delivery date, production number), and others in the know.

Here's what I thought to be true and several other CAs have told me on these forums is true:

1. Deal secured this month.
2. Credit application by Jan 2nd, 2014 to take holiday incentives
3. Sign Lease Paperwork by April 2nd, 2014 (Jan 2nd + 90 days) and use holiday incentives.
4. ED April 15, 2014 in Munich.

However, my CA (who is absolutely awesome, btw, and really don't want to cancel the order with) is telling me I can only use Holiday Incentives if I take delivery by April 2nd. I've asked for clarification several times now with him and he's getting frustrated with me.

Anyone know what the true-true is? If I'm going to do something else, I've got to go with another CA ASAP to take advantage of Holiday Incentives.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
amoeba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 330i zhp, F30 335-MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticknrudder View Post
Hey everyone,

Desperately need some help here as I'm getting different information from my CA (with whom I have a deal worked out, delivery date, production number), and others in the know.

Here's what I thought to be true and several other CAs have told me on these forums is true:

1. Deal secured this month.
2. Credit application by Jan 2nd, 2014 to take holiday incentives
3. Sign Lease Paperwork by April 2nd, 2014 (Jan 2nd + 90 days) and use holiday incentives.
4. ED April 15, 2014 in Munich.

However, my CA (who is absolutely awesome, btw, and really don't want to cancel the order with) is telling me I can only use Holiday Incentives if I take delivery by April 2nd. I've asked for clarification several times now with him and he's getting frustrated with me.

Anyone know what the true-true is? If I'm going to do something else, I've got to go with another CA ASAP to take advantage of Holiday Incentives.

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat as you, and my delivery date is worse (4/17) so I'll probably miss the incentives.

At any rate, construction of your car will occur approximately happen 2 weeks before your ED pickup date. Your VIN number will be preassigned a couple days before that. The dealer needs to have the VIN number for you to sign the final paperwork.

Working backwards, the latest you can sign is 4/15 - 2 weeks of production - a day or two for VIN assignment. That's puts you at 4/1 or end of March that final paperwork must be signed. It's very tight and he probably doesn't want to spend too much effort guaranteeing you that you can get it. I'm a couple of days later and even the most experienced dealers don't want to bother.

Also they're really busy selling current inventory for end of year bonus. ED is low on their priority right now so they're less responsive.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
cycler
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna

If you look at the holiday credit it says you have to take delivery by a certain date. if you do not take delivery by that date you do not receive the holiday credit. That is why I always did my ED towards the end of December to get the holiday credit. Now however I am picking up the vehicle in March and I am not getting the holiday credit. Again look at the fine print. I don't think your SA was correct. My SA called BMW ED and asked them in front of me whether that applies. And just like he suspected it was only for vehicles that were delivered by Jan 2 2014. However you can take advantage of this the option and drive credit which says you have to order the car by Jan 31 2014 in order to lock it in.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
hbdunn2003
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 328i Sport

Holiday Credit is lockable, whether your dealer gives it to you or keeps it is up to them.

Loyalty credit must be listed as a deduction on the sales order, HC does not.

Please see the attached Holiday Credit Program Summary sheets for program specific terms

MY14 Holiday Credit

***61623; MY14 Holiday Credit Programs can be used in conjunction with vehicles that utilize Lease, OwnersChoice,
Retail finance, or Select financing through BMW FS. MY14 Holiday Credit can be combined with vehicles
that are contracted using either Sales Support or Regional programs. MY14 Holiday Credit is also available
for cash customers. If contracting through BMW FS, MY14 Holiday Credit must be used in conjunction with
December BMW FS programs, which are effective November 27, 2013. BMW NA company vehicle
eligibility varies by wholesale date. MY14 Holiday Credit payments are made by BMW of North America
upon proper retail reporting through DCSNet. MY14 Holiday Credit is lockable. Certain restrictions apply.
Please see attached Holiday Credit allowance Program Summary sheets for program specific terms,
conditions and exclusions.