E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Having some Electrical issues with my 11 e90

01-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
5spdEvoX
Registered
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E90 XDrive

Having some Electrical issues with my 11 e90

I've noticed when the temperature drops below freezing, the trunk wont open properly. It happens sporadically where I kinda have to play with the release button a few times to get it to unlock.. Also, it snowed pretty hard (around 8inches) a few weeks ago and I noticed one of the driver side tail lights were out.. I took it in to the dealer to get both of these examined but to my luck, everything worked fine. I felt like an idiot. The service rep offered to perform a full electrical diagnosis at a future visit.
I haven't had the time to go back due to the holidays. Just wondering if any other members had similar issues. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #2
parabola
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 VW GTI

If your car is under warranty just take it to the dealership.
My trunk lid latch is acting up , sometimes it won't close properly and you need to slam it to engage the latch...so during my next service visit I'll point it out.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
E90Brad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: SQ5

I had a problem where my DTC would shut off on cold starts or when I parked on uneven ground. I had the same issue as you, it was hard to recreate the error at the dealership. I had a video of the error and it was enough for the dealership to keep the car for a few days and try to recreate the problem themselves. My car was a CPO so they took it in and gave me an X1 to putz around in.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #4
5spdEvoX
Registered
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E90 XDrive

The problem hasn't returned yet.. The video seems like a good idea.. I still have warranty left so looks like I'll be visiting them shortly.. Thanks. And Happy New Year!!
Appreciate 0