F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F32 M Sport Suspension - any got it?
Extreme Powerhouse

01-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #1
EHDEN
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [7.00]
F32 M Sport Suspension - any got it?

I've seen the M sport suspension installed on f30's, but anyone has it on F32's? If so, what is the Production Number? and send pix and comments.

01-12-2014, 02:24 AM   #2
BMHunden
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i

I do.

The option number seems to be S704A.

I'm not sure whether you wanted a picture of the actual suspension components? A picture of my car is attached - perhaps you wanted to check out the ride height? You will see that I am running the 19's.

I am a bit reluctant to offer my opinions on how the suspension feels, given that this topic seems to have been a very acrimonious one in the past.

What I can say is that this car is a totally different beast from my two previous 5 series BMWs. The last one, an F10, had adaptive drive and I can offer comparisons between the 435i with the passive M Sport suspension and that car, if you are interested.

As far as I can tell, all of the published reviews of the 435i have concerned examples of the car which have the adaptive, rather than passive, M Sport suspension installed. More than one respected reviewer (i.e. Chris Harris, Top Gear) have opined that such a car is too "harsh" in "sport" mode. I have also heard it said on this forum and elsewhere (and by my BMW head tech) that the passive M Sport suspension is designed to be a middle ground between the softness of "comfort" on a car equipped with the adaptive suspension, and the hardness of "sport" mode on such a car, which is pretty much what I want.

The "adaptive" M Sport suspension is supposed to be continuously "adaptive" in ironing out bumps (i.e., road feedback) regardless of mode, but that may well sanitise the feel of the car as it did in my F10 and this may have led to the 435i being almost universally described by reviewers as "boring" - an issue which a previous post of mine on this forum was designed to address. That post attracted the usual vitriol so I am reluctant to descend into that arena again (although, I suppose I have!). I definitely felt an element of "lag" when driving my F10 briskly along twisty roads in sport mode (comfort or even "normal" mode was just too floaty) and there is certainly none of that with my new car. Naturally, not having driven a 4 series with the adaptive suspension I am reluctant to draw any more definite parallels here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0