F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F30 Xdrive Coilovers
Extreme Powerhouse

01-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
Medal
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3C

Garage List
F30 Xdrive Coilovers

Anyone have an update on these??? I can't believe there are no options yet for us xdrive guys that want coilvers...
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #2
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal View Post
Anyone have an update on these??? I can't believe there are no options yet for us xdrive guys that want coilvers...

BC racing has them. I thought KW was suppose to release theirs in December, but not sure if they did, but BC Racing does have them.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
Medal
Captain
Rep

Garage List
do you have a link to them by any chance, i can't find them??

I also saw a post on another thread about KW making some, but it looks like they are only for euro-spec f30 xdrives or something like that??
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
Tditty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335x with m package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal

I also saw a post on another thread about KW making some, but it looks like they are only for euro-spec f30 xdrives or something like that??
You have to email them. Bc racing North America
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
rjm98119
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:

I emailed BC Racing the other day and they said they have a kit that would work for an F30 335 xdrive. That said, I've been doing some research on them and the consensus on quality seems to range widely from people who are ecstatic with them to people who deride them as the cheapest garbage you could possibly put on your car. I should point out that so far every review I've read where they're super-happy, photos that accompany said reviews have the car slammed practically on the ground and the reviews center around the lowering. Not that my research is comprehensive but... take it for what it's worth. I have zero interest in the lowering aspect, I just want tighter suspension but with a ride that isn't s__t, so I dunno.

I also emailed KW some time in December. They said "no word" on USA release of xdrive F30 coilovers and when I asked whether the ones from the International site would work on USA cars, they gave an indirect answer which neither confirmed but sort of denied the possibility and no other info was forthcoming.

You should just email them. At least they're both responsive. But still, very disappointing....
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
Medal
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm98119 View Post
I emailed BC Racing the other day and they said they have a kit that would work for an F30 335 xdrive. That said, I've been doing some research on them and the consensus on quality seems to range widely from people who are ecstatic with them to people who deride them as the cheapest garbage you could possibly put on your car. I should point out that so far every review I've read where they're super-happy, photos that accompany said reviews have the car slammed practically on the ground and the reviews center around the lowering. Not that my research is comprehensive but... take it for what it's worth. I have zero interest in the lowering aspect, I just want tighter suspension but with a ride that isn't s__t, so I dunno.

I also emailed KW some time in December. They said "no word" on USA release of xdrive F30 coilovers and when I asked whether the ones from the International site would work on USA cars, they gave an indirect answer which neither confirmed but sort of denied the possibility and no other info was forthcoming.

You should just email them. At least they're both responsive. But still, very disappointing....
It is disappointing...what is the most odd is that I have to email bc to get info on them? Wth?? If they want to sell the product and get it out there, why not offer it to 3rd party aftermarket sites to market and push for them...

I will probably email them regardless for the info, I'm just disappointed too. I have the sport H&R on my car now and it looks perfect but man if you hit any sort of pot hole it's brutal....i knew that going in and just makes me want coil-overs that much more now...
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #7
MrMikeHenry
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 m3

Quote:
It is disappointing...what is the most odd is that I have to email bc to get info on them? Wth?? If they want to sell the product and get it out there, why not offer it to 3rd party aftermarket sites to market and push for them...

I will probably email them regardless for the info, I'm just disappointed too. I have the sport H&R on my car now and it looks perfect but man if you hit any sort of pot hole it's brutal....i knew that going in and just makes me want coil-overs that much more now...
PSI also sells the XDrive Coilovers from BC Racing.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #8
BIMMERMANF30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' 335XI, AW, CR, M Sport, 8A

I'll be waiting for KW's kit. were not modding civics over here we have high-end German automobiles that only deserve the best quality product. not the first to come out that prob had minimal testing.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #9
Medal
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Just FYI for everyone, this was the response I got from BC:

Yes, we have the BR Series for the F30 xdrive. They come with 6kg front springs and 12kg rear springs. This kit shipped to the 48 contiguous states is $1050. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. If you would like assistance in placing an order you can give us a call at the number below.

Regards, Tim Griffith

BC RACING NORTH AMERICA
Monday-Friday, 9:30 AM-5:30 PM EST.
1-321-206-6381 TEL
1-800-741-1972 FAX

Is BC really that bad? I couldn't tell you the difference between BC, KW, Bilstien, or CKS.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 08:17 PM   #10
Medal
Captain
Rep

Garage List
anyone have any input on the different coilover vendors and why I should wait and see what else comes out by these other guys and potentially pay more?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #11
Medal
Captain
Rep

Garage List
bump
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #12
Tditty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335x with m package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal
bump
It looks like dinan should have some springs soon for the xdrive. They will come with bump stops which should be pretty Good.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 04:51 AM   #13
johnsonz1122
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 335xi

how good or bad is the bc racing? i used to ride in kw v1 in my e90 and they are really good. anyone know how's bc racing compare to kw?
PM me if you need coding for f30s in GVR
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 08:58 AM   #14
Medal
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonz1122 View Post
how good or bad is the bc racing? i used to ride in kw v1 in my e90 and they are really good. anyone know how's bc racing compare to kw?
That is exactly what I'm trying to find out. I even e-mailed GTB Performance and haven't seen a response yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #15
Medal
Captain
Rep

Garage List
lol I just spoke with him. bc ae the only available at the moment that he is aware of but says quality is hit and miss. He recommends KWs which I knew anyway as quality products so lets hope they are released soon....
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #16
johnsonz1122
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
lol I just spoke with him. bc ae the only available at the moment that he is aware of but says quality is hit and miss. He recommends KWs which I knew anyway as quality products so lets hope they are released soon....
i guess i will wait for the kw to release their applications then. it will worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 04:38 PM   #17
Medal
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
i guess i will wait for the kw to release their applications then. it will worth the wait.
I hope so...im honestly still considering the bc coilovers. I've read a ton of posts on other forums comparing them to kw's and they all say that bc's are great and basically said that bc's are perfect for the street and work well for very occasional track use, while kw's are rough on the streets and made for daily track use....so kw's are overkill for only street-used cars and you will feel every bump and road imperfection, while bc's on the otherhand handle well on the track but are nowhere near at a level of kw's on the track, but on the street they make you want to hit bumps and potholes etc because of just how well the absorb them...

this is one of forums/posts im talking about...

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429762
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 04:41 PM   #18
Medal
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
...and btw gtb performance doesnt sell bc-racing coilovers so you have to consider that
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 12:28 AM   #19
johnsonz1122
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I hope so...im honestly still considering the bc coilovers. I've read a ton of posts on other forums comparing them to kw's and they all say that bc's are great and basically said that bc's are perfect for the street and work well for very occasional track use, while kw's are rough on the streets and made for daily track use....so kw's are overkill for only street-used cars and you will feel every bump and road imperfection, while bc's on the otherhand handle well on the track but are nowhere near at a level of kw's on the track, but on the street they make you want to hit bumps and potholes etc because of just how well the absorb them...

this is one of forums/posts im talking about...

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429762
kw it's actually pretty comfy, my e90 was on kw v1 and i had them for almost 35k miles. i think it's perfect for street use, the ride it's not harsh at all. i didnt have sway bars and strut bars, because i think the coils itself are good enough for the street. as for bc racing. i only got one friend of mine have them, and he has g37, he switch to swift spring( i am not sure about the spring rate) and he also have f+r sway bars. oh boy, the ride is bone jarring.. that's my only experience with bc racing lol
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 09:19 AM   #20
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
Quote:
kw it's actually pretty comfy, my e90 was on kw v1 and i had them for almost 35k miles. i think it's perfect for street use, the ride it's not harsh at all. i didnt have sway bars and strut bars, because i think the coils itself are good enough for the street. as for bc racing. i only got one friend of mine have them, and he has g37, he switch to swift spring( i am not sure about the spring rate) and he also have f+r sway bars. oh boy, the ride is bone jarring.. that's my only experience with bc racing lol

Thats what I would expect from a linear spring like the BC racing setup it. Linear springs tend to be stiffer, bouncier and rougher while progressive springs ride smoother. KW is a progressive spring and BC are linear. You can tell by looking at the spring shape. Linear springs are just that, constant distant between the coils. Progressive have varying distances between coils.
Appreciate 0