F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > suspension questions
Extreme Powerhouse

01-31-2014, 12:30 AM   #1
robgutie328i
Private
Rep
Drives: Mel Red 2014 BMW 328i MSport

suspension questions

i got 3

1. Does dropping the car change the msport suspension ride . If so why get Msport if u drop the car? does dropping make the ride more harsh (since this is an everyday driver) I like the look of dropping but, coming form a G37s i like the smoother ride the f30 has

3. Dropping its with stock rims add to the look and affect ride?

3. Will dropping it void warranty?

sorry for silly questions. Rather ask then just do it and regret it later

(no ragging just asking)
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 09:16 AM   #2
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
You had three questions as #1..LOL..

1. Yes. Reason to get the 704 suspension which you can also add on the to the Sport line as well. You do not have to have the M-Sport to get the 704 suspension components. 704 simplified is bigger/stiffer sway bars and better struts. Unless you get the Xdrive M-sport and then you cannot get the sport 704 suspension even as an option. But you can get the exact same 704 on the sport line that comes standard on M-sport. Not sure what you mean by harsh. Everyone has their own definition. It will stiffen the ride and minimize body roll. If you get springs that are linear, then you will be getting a stiffer ride than if you got springs that are progressive. If you are wanting a smoother ride then you go for progressive springs.

2. My opinion is BMW is lagging on closing the wheel gaps compared to MB and others. SO dropping the car on the factory wheels in my opinion looks better and yes you still benefit with better handling (less roll and more stable as the center of gravity lowers). There are many guys with pictures here lowered on factory wheels and it makes the car much more appealing in my opinion.

3. It will only void the warranty on the suspension components like the struts and depending on dealer and how strict they are can void warranty on the connecting components like the bushings or anything that connects. They cannot void say any engine issues or other things that are not suspension related.
Appreciate 0