F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > KW coilover for f30 xdrive
proTUNING Freaks

02-02-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
Tditty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335x with m package

KW coilover for f30 xdrive

So I'm not sure what kW's problem is selling their coilovers to the us spec cars, but I was checking the part numbers and they seem to be the same as the regular f30 part numbers. They might be selling the same ones as no xdrive vehicles. Anyone else notice this?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
There were a couple members that have used the regular ones on the x-drive. Been awhile so don't recall who. The springs are the same part numbers. The reason why KW and many companies from many industries bring products out in Europe first is to test the market before full global releases. You do not have to mass produce a product to the degree to keep up as say in the USA. So you can produce less and it is less risky. Also in case there is a problem, you are not exposed to that on a large scale either. KW x-drive is suppose to be here before summer, but then again I have been waiting on the tune from Dinan since last fall when they said they would come to market with one...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
Tditty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335x with m package

Kind of weird but they just contacted me this morning and said they should be available now in the us. But maybe take three weeks to deliver.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tditty View Post
Kind of weird but they just contacted me this morning and said they should be available now in the us. But maybe take three weeks to deliver.

Probably going to bring over a few from their warehouse in Europe. Takes 3 weeks by boat shipping from point a to point b with customs and all. Sounds right. Now we can quit hearing you guys whine about not having coil overs for the x-drive.
Appreciate 0