F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Will this luggage fit?
Studio RSR

02-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
manda99
Rep
Drives: 328i xDrive

Will this luggage fit?

Hi, all --

We're doing ED next month for our 335 GT. We've got a 328 sedan right now. I'm trying to figure out the luggage situation. There are 3 of us. I'd like to bring each of our small roller bags (21 in wheeled duffles) as carry on as well as packing one larger wheeled duffle in checked luggage. I usually fly carry on only, but we're going to for two weeks in spring and we want/need to bring our snow gear for mountain fun. Do you think three carry on suitcases plus one checked luggage size bag will fit in the trunk of the GT - with the cover over it? My plan is to leave the larger suitcase in the car as a staging ground and just drag the small bags in and out of the hotels.

Thanks,
Manda
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
mattu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3, 14 335GT, 21 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by manda99 View Post
Hi, all --

We're doing ED next month for our 335 GT. We've got a 328 sedan right now. I'm trying to figure out the luggage situation. There are 3 of us. I'd like to bring each of our small roller bags (21 in wheeled duffles) as carry on as well as packing one larger wheeled duffle in checked luggage. I usually fly carry on only, but we're going to for two weeks in spring and we want/need to bring our snow gear for mountain fun. Do you think three carry on suitcases plus one checked luggage size bag will fit in the trunk of the GT - with the cover over it? My plan is to leave the larger suitcase in the car as a staging ground and just drag the small bags in and out of the hotels.

Thanks,
Manda
My wife and I just did an ED on a GT in December, and basically took an extra suitcase to stow gifts...We had two full-sized checked suitcases, a 21" carry-on roller suitcase, and a carry-on 18"x12"x8" duffel bag (no roller) in the trunk. I had to kinda prop up one of the full-sized cases against the backseat to make it work, but it all fit under the cover. I can't say for sure your bags will fit, but it sounds like you will not have any more luggage than we did.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
manda99
Rep
Drives: 328i xDrive

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #4
Dark-Sider
X1 driver
Germany
Rep
Drives: X1 1.8d sDrive

Hey there,

it might get a little tight in the trunk under the cover. Your luggage will fit for sure if you consider lowering two of the three back-seats.

I don't see any issue with having luggage visible within the car in Germany, Austria or Switzerland.

If you take the small suitcases to your room(s), there shouldn't be any problem fitting the large suitcase in the GT's trunk under the cover!

bye,
Darky
Appreciate 0