THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery No Delivery Date

02-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #1
G8r3Series
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ///M3

No Delivery Date

Just got an email forwarded to me from BMW PCD that says they cannot offer delivery dates at this time. EPA and CARB certifications must be issued by the government before they can release cars from ports. Has anyone else heard about this and does anyone have information on when we should expect those certifications?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
davefromfla
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M440ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8r3Series View Post
Just got an email forwarded to me from BMW PCD that says they cannot offer delivery dates at this time. EPA and CARB certifications must be issued by the government before they can release cars from ports. Has anyone else heard about this and does anyone have information on when we should expect those certifications?
Same thing happened with my 2013 135. Even though it was unchanged from the 2012 model year, every new model year must be EPA and CARB certified before the 1st models of that year are released. I wanted to do another PCD since I really enjoyed it with my E46 M3, but could not because of the unknown release date.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #3
silverstone_ttlz4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 Z4 35i

Bummer. I was just at my local dealer returning a lease today, and they said that they had an M235i that's been held up at the port for a while now.

I question the veracity of those comments, however, given that there are 228i/M235i on the road and making the rounds at dealerships (and not just on the show circuits).
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

Same word from my dealer as well re: timing. Their "demo" actually arrived in US port on NewYear's eve day. Been there whole time and they figure it won't be released until March 1. Sooo ordered my M235 anyway...be here end of April. Build date is last week of Feb, 9th week. Then what, maybe 8 full weeks. I have the production # so will play with that as I did with the little 128Msport when it came over. I am just toooo old to have this much fun. Nope!!
Appreciate 0