European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

02-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
magas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6

Just Reserved my spot, now I have lotsa questions...

Just put down my 500 deposit yesterday and looks like I am in the 3rd spot. They expect one M3/month so my delivery is ~September.

Here are some questions that maybe so of you can help with.

I owned a 1999 M3 for 6 years and the M3 has always been my dream car. I am currently in a 128i. Also purchased a X3 last year for the wife.

1. Despite reading many posts I am still not sure how the European Delivery will work. Sounds like an awesome experience, had a friend that did it many years ago.
Do you sign up for this at the dealer?
What are the expected savings?

2. Any idea if there will be any rebates for the M3/M4 like previous owner discounts etc? I know that it unlikely to have any other discounts, but wondering if anyone knows about this one.

3. HK Sound System? Many people seem to feel that its not worth the upgrade, and can only appreciate the difference on high volume?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
/// M sa
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 MG

First congrats man! The ED allocations will come directly from dealers (look under pricing forum for more Info). Get the HK, I was at the DC car show and it sounded good despite some of the negative posts you read. Rebates will vary for each dealer etc.. But don't expect huge discount etc...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

European Delivery will not net you any savings since the allocations come out of dealer allocations. The ED program nets savings on dealer's part due to the fact that the cars don't come out of their allocation. Therefore they can make some extra sales on top of what they already are allocated by BMWNA.

Don't expect any discounts for at least a year until the hype has died down. .
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
MaX PL
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
European Delivery will not net you any savings since the allocations come out of dealer allocations. The ED program nets savings on dealer's part due to the fact that the cars don't come out of their allocation. Therefore they can make some extra sales on top of what they already are allocated by BMWNA.

Don't expect any discounts for at least a year until the hype has died down. .
7%?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #5
/// M sa
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX PL View Post
7%?
Not until the allocations have ended from the dealers.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
Racer20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 228i THP, E46 ZHP

Is this a hard and fast rule, or is it just unlikely that a dealer would agree to ED pricing if it comes out of their allocation?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #7
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M sa View Post
Not until the allocations have ended from the dealers.
No, ED MSRP is 7% (roughly) below standard US Delivery pricing. This is the case regardless of the allocation situation.

Once (if) ED orders no longer come from dealer allocation, it is possible to negotiate deals near ED invoice price, which is another 7% (roughly) below the ED MSRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer20 View Post
Is this a hard and fast rule, or is it just unlikely that a dealer would agree to ED pricing if it comes out of their allocation?
It unlikely (near impossible) a dealer will agree to sell a car near invoice price (be it US or EU delivery) if it comes from their allocation. This is simply due to supply and demand.

But ED MSRP is set by BMW NA. The dealership will make the same profit on the sale that they will on a US delivery. So they will honor the price. Or, if they don't you can find another dealership that will.
Appreciate 0