THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Euro Delivery - Dropping off in Country other than Germany

02-23-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Euro Delivery - Dropping off in Country other than Germany

So BMW says to expect added transit time if you drop off the car at another dropoff point other than Germany. I'm thinking of dropping off in France.

Anybody have experience doing this and knows how much time is added by doing this? Supposed to be 6 to 8 weeks for the East Coast normally. Are we talking an extra week or an extra month?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
MLife168
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

I dropped off my car back in Munich on my last ED. However if you choose to drop off in another country, it would need to be driven back to Germany by transport company. The time it takes to get the car back to Germany obviously adds to the redelivery time. Also it depends on the timing you drop off the car. If the car get back to Germany just before the ship leaves for US, then you have little wait time before it's loaded on the ship. If the shipped just left, you may have to wait close to a month before the next ship sails.

I just confirmed this today since I'm planning on doing another ED this year but considered dropping off car in Italy. After looking at details I'm probably just going to drop off car in Munich. I would have to pay someone over $600 to drive the car back to Germany. It's not even trucked back. From Munich it's trucked to the port.

Bologna
€597.89
Florence
€706.61
Genoa
€532.67
Milan
€630.51
Naples
€880.55
Rome
€858.80
Venice
€597.89
Verona
€576.16

To make a reservation, please complete the form and submit to BLG Logistics. They must be notified a minimum of 14 days prior to your requested drop-off date in Italy. It is very important that the vehicle's registration and insurance is valid for at least five days after the drop-off date in Italy. The BLG Logistics representative will personally meet you at a designated location in Italy. The customer's vehicle will be inspected and a condition report will be signed. The BLG representative will then drive the vehicle back to Munich from where it will be trucked to Bremerhaven to be loaded onto the next available vessel.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #3
five3three
Major
Rep

I know Italy they drive it back for a large fee. However, from the other dropoff points it's trucked back. I would never pay (or even allow for free) to have it driven back by someone hundreds of miles! I'm hoping it's just the transport time and not delay much longer.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 10:15 PM   #4
oscr972
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i 4/16/14 ED AW/Terra

I left cars in Paris twice and got them back (east coast) faster than leaving my first ED car in Munich. May have been a fluke but both Paris cars made it in 5-6 weeks to my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #5
five3three
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscr972 View Post
I left cars in Paris twice and got them back (east coast) faster than leaving my first ED car in Munich. May have been a fluke but both Paris cars made it in 5-6 weeks to my dealer.
Good to hear that it won't add any real time. They would leave from same port in Germany so probably had something to do with ship schedules! Thanks as I am considering Nice drop off.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #6
basiluf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 S450 2018 S90

I've read on another forum that Vienna is notoriously slow, and it adds at least a couple of weeks.
Appreciate 0