THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery TrueCar as an option

03-05-2014, 03:59 AM   #1
math4scher
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 MINI Cooper S 4 Door

TrueCar as an option

Has anyone used TrueCar yet while pricing a 2 series? Is TrueCar a good option to use with BMW? I used TrueCar to purchase my Audi A4 Prestige and saved several thousands. I looked into TrueCar when I was contemplating purchasing a 2014 Cadillac ATS Premium and could have save over $4500. Thanks for your input!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
joatmon1967
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 MINI Coupe

I just punched in my build for the M235i on TrueCar, the price was $708 higher than the BMW configurator.

It shows a savings of $742 off MSRP. I noticed in the TrueCar build the $1450 for leather was still ticked after choosing Premium Package. May be a factor, but numbers still didn't jive.

Benefit of doubt to TrueCar for not having enough purchase information to give "True" numbers. Or, do they inflate MSRP to then show a discount. This would affect those whom do not educate themselves on pricing, and just take TrueCar pricing as fact.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #3
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by joatmon1967 View Post
I just punched in my build for the M235i on TrueCar, the price was $708 higher than the BMW configurator.

It shows a savings of $742 off MSRP. I noticed in the TrueCar build the $1450 for leather was still ticked after choosing Premium Package. May be a factor, but numbers still didn't jive.

Benefit of doubt to TrueCar for not having enough purchase information to give "True" numbers. Or, do they inflate MSRP to then show a discount. This would affect those whom do not educate themselves on pricing, and just take TrueCar pricing as fact.
Just uncheck leather if you are choosing premium and you'll have the right msrp. That's the only part that isn't synced up properly.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
joatmon1967
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 MINI Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
Just uncheck leather if you are choosing premium and you'll have the right msrp. That's the only part that isn't synced up properly.
I tried to "uncheck" the leather option, it would not allow.

I just did the math...

TC MSRP $51,108
Less $1450 - Leather
$50,400 - which is the BMW MSRP.

Had to actually tick the box for Sensatec to get the leather price to subtract.

This gave a $612 discount of MSRP. Still, probably not enough sales figures data for TC to be a viable option for price comparisons right now.

This board is a much better indicator, a wealth of information on here. As with all tools, you just have to know how to use to benefit.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #5
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by joatmon1967 View Post
I tried to "uncheck" the leather option, it would not allow.

Had to actually tick the box for Sensatec to get the leather price to subtract.

Oh, right, that's what I meant (and I did when I tested it out) since you do need something there. Thanks for the correction!
Appreciate 0