R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-14-2014, 08:17 AM   #1
pepper1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 IS

2013 335is to...

M4. Thinking about a M4 but having difficulty with dealer. This a dealership that I purchased a 330, M3 and 650 basicaly at MRSP. When I decided to get the 335is I have now I went to them for the car which they had. I asked that since I have been a long time customer buying cars from them that I would like to have some consideration on price. I found the exact same car at another dealership for $500 over invoice and asked them to match that price and I would buy it. The reply was that our dealership does not do that. So I said "Is this how you treat long time loyal buyers at your dealership?" So I ended up getting it from another dealership. The CA know I did this as I told him and get my car serviced there. So now I get a call from the CA asking me about the M4 and said that I was most likely going to get one. He said that they would be glad to work with me and I would be first on list. I said that after our recent history of multiple purchases and not coming to the table on the 335is that it was highly unlikey unless I get some consideration on the price. Reply "Our dealership doesn't do that." Yes I know discounts off the M4 won't be there but thought it was gutsy to for him to do this. I will end up getting one from another dealership. So much for customer loyalty from that dealership. Sorry for length but thought I'd share this BMW dealer "experience".
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #2
Np2014
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Bsm/Sb

Sounds like MAG in Dublin, Ohio. Those bastards will price gouge your eyes out even to loyal customers. Then they have the balls to say you pay more because the service you get is better what a joke. SA was trying to justify on the phone how his information on the vehicle and knowledge was worth paying more compared to other BMW and Audi dealerships. Just hung up the phone and moved on to another dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #3
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
You might as well spill the beans... Who is it that is charging you MSRP for all your cars? Any why are you paying that much, anyway?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
pepper1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
You might as well spill the beans... Who is it that is charging you MSRP for all your cars? Any why are you paying that much, anyway?
Southeast VA. I shouldn't have paid MSRP but at the time the thrill outweighed the price-foolishly I might add. I'll never pay list again especially with the likes of Zagat, USAA, AMEX etc buying services.
Appreciate 0