F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Update on my recent pick up.
ARMA SPEED

03-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
Southern Jay
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i MSport GC

Update on my recent pick up.

Hi all,

I have put about 600 miles on my car since I picked it up on Friday. I'm still looking for any excuse to take it out for a spin. A few areas I've been particularly impressed by.

The Sports Auto gearbox. To sum up in a few words it makes driving near effortless. I don't think I will ever go back to a manual gearbox after this. Maybe I'm just getting lazy as I get older but what a pleasure it is to drive.

The adaptive headlights. So coming back from Leeds yesterday I had the chance to try them out for the first, what a difference they make. seeing them adjust to the ever changing surroundings without any input from me.

Suffice to say I'm as happy as a pig in shit my wife on the other hand is fed up with me banging on it.

Cheers all

Jay
Attached Images

Current mods: Mperformance rear spoiler, diffuser, side vinyls and front grille, non OEM carbon mirror caps, Remus cat back exhaust, Eibach springs, TPI spacers 15mm rear and 12mm front, Maxton side blades and v2 front splitter, Pipercross direct replacement air filter, Remus Powerizer.

Current:
F36 440i M Sport GC STORMTROOPER

Previous:
F30 320d M Sport Xdrive STORMTROOPER
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
scotgc
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Jay
Hi all,

I have put about 600 miles on my car since I picked it up on Friday. I'm still looking for any excuse to take it out for a spin. A few areas I've been particularly impressed by.

The Sports Auto gearbox. To sum up in a few words it makes driving near effortless. I don't think I will ever go back to a manual gearbox after this. Maybe I'm just getting lazy as I get older but what a pleasure it is to drive.

The adaptive headlights. So coming back from Leeds yesterday I had the chance to try them out for the first, what a difference they make. seeing them adjust to the ever changing surroundings without any input from me.

Suffice to say I'm as happy as a pig in shit my wife on the other hand is fed up with me banging on it.

Cheers all

Jay
Love it , I think my wife is sick of hearing about my car and I don't even have a build date yet! Keep the pictures coming!

Current - L494 Range Rover Sport
Previous - F32 440i Tanzanite Blue - F30 335d X drive Black Sapphire
- E92 330d LCI M Sport Alpine White - E92 325d M Sport - E87 120d M Sport - Mk5 Golf GTI - Ep3 Civic Type R
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
vikz55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i M-Sport Convertible

Quote:
my wife on the other hand is fed up with me banging on it
LOL...same here. Sick to death of hearing me tell her how fabulous it is!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz55
Quote:
my wife on the other hand is fed up with me banging on it
Snap...

Also, Sport Auto and Visibility Pack are real highlights. I followed a mate the other night and he described it as like "Being followed by a Pink Floyd laser light show!"...

I'm also about the 600 mile mark and I'm sure the car is noticeably loosening up. Looking forward to it being ran-in ready to play with. Keep enjoying your new toy.
      03-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #5
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz55 View Post
Lol same here and I don't even have it yet!

Excellent car though and more I hear about the vis lights more I am pleased I ordered them
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #6
Southern Jay
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i MSport GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich9600 View Post
Snap...

Also, Sport Auto and Visibility Pack are real highlights. I followed a mate the other night and he described it as like "Being followed by a Pink Floyd laser light show!"...

I'm also about the 600 mile mark and I'm sure the car is noticeably loosening up. Looking forward to it being ran-in ready to play with. Keep enjoying your new toy.
I must admit after a 400 mile round trip yesterday mostly in comfort mode, I took mine out earlier And stuck in sport plus and it felt a lot faster. Maybe it's just me getting used to it still.

I did read a thread on here a while back and there was a chat about BMW maybe limiting the cars for the first x amount of miles. I dunno, whatever it is I love the car.
Current mods: Mperformance rear spoiler, diffuser, side vinyls and front grille, non OEM carbon mirror caps, Remus cat back exhaust, Eibach springs, TPI spacers 15mm rear and 12mm front, Maxton side blades and v2 front splitter, Pipercross direct replacement air filter, Remus Powerizer.

Current:
F36 440i M Sport GC STORMTROOPER

Previous:
F30 320d M Sport Xdrive STORMTROOPER
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 02:25 AM   #7
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich9600 View Post
Snap...

I must admit after a 400 mile round trip yesterday mostly in comfort mode, I took mine out earlier And stuck in sport plus and it felt a lot faster. Maybe it's just me getting used to it still.

I did read a thread on here a while back and there was a chat about BMW maybe limiting the cars for the first x amount of miles. I dunno, whatever it is I love the car.
I read a similar thread, for diesels the manual says for 1200 miles to avoid kick down exceeding 3500rpm and 90 odd mph.

I've been 'Comfort' only so far. When it's been fully warm I've done a couple of surprisingly rapid overtakes. However, the 8AT changes at 3500rpm... Supporting the car protecting itself...

At 600 miles, and a slightly higher ambient air temperature, my economy seems a couple if mpg better and I'm less 'grannying' it now...