E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Noise From Tires...please Help

03-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
dpilat8588
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Noise From Tires...please Help

Here is my situation:

About a year ago, I lowered my car (2009 328xi) with eibach sport springs and bilstein shocks/struts. After the springs settled, I got an alignment done. The car drove very well (the tires did not seem to be cupping, as there was not any noise coming from them). However the car did drift a little to the left when I had the steering wheel dead on center. It didn't bother me at the time. I finally got tired of the car not being aligned, so I went to the dealer to get an alignment. After getting the car back from the dealer, I noticed the car still pulled to the left when I had the steering wheel centered; I took it back to get it fixed. After getting it back for the second time, the car drove straight when the steering wheel was centered...which is normal. Apparently (after making a few more adjustments), they ended up swapping the front tires from left to right, right to left.

Here is my new problem:

I got my car back for the second time. On the dealer report, it states that my front tires are showing signs of cupping due to increased negative front camber (from the car being lowered). This is where I am confused. I thought the purpose of an alignment was to avoid issues like tires cupping. The noise from the tires is very evident. The dealer also states that "the front tires will wear faster", and that "as the tires wear more, the noise will become more pronounced". Before I had them do the alignment, the tires did not make nearly as mush noise, but the car drifted to the left. Now, the car does not drift to the left (which is what I expected) but, the tires make a lot more noise. Should I take it back and have them adjust it again? Should I have them swap the front tires back to where their original sides? After getting the alignment, I never expected tires to make more noise. Should I have them adjust the camber angle on the front tires. Please advise. Thanks.
Appreciate 0