THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Good iPhone dock anyone?

03-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Good iPhone dock anyone?

Have been stalking the Proclip page and nothing yet for the 2. Ideally want something like this (from the 1) so I could route the cable under the trim and just plug into armrest.

That said, if they don't come out with anything soon I'll have to look for other ideas. Want phone out and preferably located in the gear shift area since I use for navigation and whatnot.

Anybody find anything good yet? If not I will wait it out for the Proclip and post photos / install DIY etc. if and when it gets here.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #2
darkerosxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i

I have an iphone 5 and it fits perfectly in the right cupholder slot's fitted thing that sits in the cupholder (I really have no idea what to call it). Once you get your car, you might look at doing something through the cupholder and that way you can just plug up your phone and sit it down in the cupholder. Just my 2cents, it's an idea.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkerosxx View Post
I have an iphone 5 and it fits perfectly in the right cupholder slot's fitted thing that sits in the cupholder (I really have no idea what to call it). Once you get your car, you might look at doing something through the cupholder and that way you can just plug up your phone and sit it down in the cupholder. Just my 2cents, it's an idea.
Thanks for the idea, have seen that in the past. Was hoping I could just tuck the wire under the trim and carpet and run through bottom of arm rest without having to modify or remove any of the trim. Cupholder is def a strong plan B at this point especially if I can figure out a dock to use / modify.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #4
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Found this cupholder dock for those interested, will probably go this route and figure out how to snake the wire into the armrest if Proclip doesn't come up with anything.

http://www.customcardocks.com/?vsmaid=73
Appreciate 0