F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > In a bit of a quandary regarding brakes.
Extreme Powerhouse

04-01-2014, 02:55 AM   #1
Mr.G20 M340
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Portimao Blue M340-x

Post In a bit of a quandary regarding brakes.

So I bought my car not more than 4 months ago and have loved every moment of it except one, The squeaky brakes! They were squeaky in the beginning and i took it to the dealer after a month of having it and he said it's normal it's breaking in and this was when I was making sure if it's ok to paint the calipers blue. Fast forward 2 months and the brakes have actually gotten a lot more squeaky and it's so loud that I feel like I'm disrupting my neighbors and I try to avoid braking while going down the hill of our garage. I'm a bit concerned that BMW is going to say that the problem is caused by me painting my calipers when in reality it was occurring before I painted it.
What do you guys think I should do; Go in the dealer and risk it or just leave it?
Thanks for your opinions in the future
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
johnofcross
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Superman 2013 F30 335i M Sport

The brakes I had on my M-Sport was squeaky too. Yes, you can go to the dealer and tell them of the problem. I fixed it for a long time by bedding the brakes. Look it up on YouTube on how to do em. Fairly simple, and helps fix the issue temporarily. I say temporarily because those M-Sport pads are aggressive, so you'll wear them out sooner (on schedule of course, BMW will replace them) than normal ones. At 20K miles right now and already need new pads.
Good luck.