E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Steering Angle Sensor damaged due to accident?

04-03-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
Ben213
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90

Steering Angle Sensor damaged due to accident?

So I was involved in an accident last month - I was hit directly on my rear driver side wheel. Rear bumper came off and the steering wheel alignment was way off. As I was driving the vehicle home from the accident, I wasn't too far from home so I thought I could just drive it home safely, the dash light for Steering Angle Sensor came on. I figured it was because I was driving on a terrible alignment - I was driving in a straight line and my steering wheel was pointed at 10 o'clock.

The insurance is covering the visual damage and alignment, but they won't cover the replacement of the sensor. They're stated, because I was hit in the rear, that it would not affect the steering wheel sensors because it's the front of the vehicle...are you kidding me?! I have to prove to them that the accident did cause the sensor to fail. In the meantime, I had to pay BMW $1,150 to replace the sensors.

Is there a way for me to prove that the accident did cause that sensor to fail?
Appreciate 0