F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > KW suspension on 335 xdrive
proTUNING Freaks

04-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
Revms1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

KW suspension on 335 xdrive

Had anyone installed KW coilovers on an F30 xdrive yet? If so can you comment on the ride quality??
2013 M5 Alpine white full black merino interior. Bang & Olufsen audio, executive package, night vision, driver assistance, rkp carbon front lip and rear diffuser with Challenge center, m performance rear carbon spoiler,carbon interior, lci steering wheel,BMS intake,Active 8 piggy, Dinan exhaust and Wedsport Maverick 709M 20's.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:51 PM   #2
xcskier
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi msport

I'll let you know soon. My KW variant 3 kit finally arrived (they "forgot to put it in the container" last month...). Installation is scheduled for 5/5. I bought them through Tirerack.

BTW, step one of my upgrade was to replace the OEM Pirelli all season run flats with Michelin AS3 non-run flats. Much better ride, grip (especially over irregularities) and lower noise. Only problem is that the increased grip also increases the car's tendency to roll onto the door handles. Hopefully the new shocks/springs will help enough.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
Revms1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcskier View Post
I'll let you know soon. My KW variant 3 kit finally arrived (they "forgot to put it in the container" last month...). Installation is scheduled for 5/5. I bought them through Tirerack.

BTW, step one of my upgrade was to replace the OEM Pirelli all season run flats with Michelin AS3 non-run flats. Much better ride, grip (especially over irregularities) and lower noise. Only problem is that the increased grip also increases the car's tendency to roll onto the door handles. Hopefully the new shocks/springs will help enough.
Looking forward to ur review once u install the V3's!! You are correct that once you switched to non runflats there's more grip but now there is more body roll as I've done that also lol
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:10 PM   #4
focal
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i 6MT w/ MPS & MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcskier View Post

the A/S3 is such a great tire. matched well with my MPS and gives it a great ride quality. I'm sure if I had run flats, I would have found the MPS too harsh.

what's the drop range for the KW v3?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #5
Tditty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335x with m package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revms1
Had anyone installed KW coilovers on an F30 xdrive yet? If so can you comment on the ride quality??
I finally received my v1's. Just gotta find the time to install. I'll let you know as soon as I do.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #6
Revms1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tditty View Post
I finally received my v1's. Just gotta find the time to install. I'll let you know as soon as I do.
Looking forward tommy!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:17 PM   #7
xcskier
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi msport

The information from KW on the variant 3 says that the wheel center to fender distance can vary from 14.1" (front and rear) to 13" (front) and 12.6" (rear). FYI, that distance on my car is 14.7".

For my needs I'm going at maximum height.
Appreciate 0