E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > ST Install Complete

04-19-2014, 11:14 PM   #1
oregondonor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i

Garage List
ST Install Complete

Finally got my ST coilovers installed today. Wow, what a learning experience.

The first rear side, I left the OEM upper cup in as it didn't just fall out. After installing one rear side, I didn't see much drop so did some research and discovered that issue.

Then I discovered the joys of adjusting the rear spring perches and the fact that there is nothing to keep them from spinning freely while trying to turn the collar with the included spanner wrench. All they need to do is mill a hex bolt into the bottom of the perch and you could get to it through the coil spring.

Got the rears dialed in for now until they settle, if in fact they do.

The big screw up for the fronts was I didn't know there was a right and left. It wasn't until I tried to line up the sway bar linkage that I realized this. I wasn't really that far in to it so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I got completely lucky in the front and nailed the height the first time around. 14 threads up from the bottom is perfect!

Spacers up front are next on my list. Currently running 12mm in rear only. Probably move those up front and get some 18mm for the rear.

Lame driveway pictures, but I wanted to get something up. Hopefully next week I will be able to get some better ones.
Attached Images

2016 435i MSport ZHP #85

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
christafurr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90 M-Sport

Nice! Glad to see you got them installed. How's the ride so far? I remember reading about adjusting the rears and some guy found an easier way to do it:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=adjusting+kw

| Lux V3 | ST | VMR 701| BMS |
Appreciate 0