THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Annoyed with BMW Canada

04-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #1
255zr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Annoyed with BMW Canada

BMW Canada announced an end-of-lease program for leases ending in the first 6 months of 2014: $1,000 off your next bimmer (not much, but hey I'll take it).

Long story short, my lease ends in July. However, was already planning a road trip in Europe in May, so said what the hell, I'll go the ED road with my M235i. Better than renting a letargic diesel Peugeot 308. When I signed the papers my SA said that he would try to get an examption so that I can benefit from the $1,000 rebate as well. He didn't make any garantees, but he sounded pretty confident. You see I start paying for the new car when I take delivery in May.

He came back and said that BMW Canada refused. This is my 3rd bimmer. Not only that but I'm buying this one instead of leasing it. I asked him what the dealership would do about it. They are the biggest dealership in Montreal, they should have a bit of pull. Waiting for an answer.

I'm of the mind of taking all my new business elsewhere. I know its not their decision, but what else can I do? I was planning on buying some Performance parts. Won't be from them the way things stand. And getting my services done elsewhere as well.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable. That dealership has made a lot of money from me over the last 6+ years

Last edited by 255zr; 04-21-2014 at 04:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #2
SmallTownBoy
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i 6MT PSS BSM

What kind of discount off msrp did you get from the dealer? That would affect whether they can do much locally to make up for strict application of the National incentive deadlines.

I was was very happy with both my dealer and especially with BMW Canada in coordinating my recent ED.
      04-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
255zr
Private First Class
Rep

I got $1,500 off. ED support has been fine. Told them I was landing mid-morning on the 16th. Got my papers today, scheduled delivery at 9AM. Nothing available until 5:30PM. To be honest, i will be on vacation, getting my new car in its natural habitat, don't really care, but the guy said "I should have called you sooner" ... well yeah.

However, I'm dropping my car in Vienna. On the website no additional cost and my dealer said Vienna was good. Received the paperwork and says there is a cost of $800 if the car not dropped in Germany. Called the guy and he said they would cover it as none of the published information mentioned it.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
255zr
Private First Class
Rep

I guess its a moot point now as the program has been extended to the end of 2014
Appreciate 0